• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

42 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

if the ACC or Big 12 were to knock on our door at a later date we could always still jump even if it costs us financially. Look at Colorado who went from Big 12 to Pac, back to Big 12.

I guess this is my question. I'm guessing Colorado has a much larger donor base than USF, and that's where buyout money would have to come from. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

31 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I guess this is my question. I'm guessing Colorado has a much larger donor base than USF, and that's where buyout money would have to come from. 

I think they do drugs and drive Subarus around the mountains.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

I think they do drugs and drive Subarus around the mountains.

I’ll have you know my father bought me this Subraru! 

*snorts a line, angrily drives up to Aspen*

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, belgianbull said:

I haven't really followed the latest on the Pac, but is there still a possibility that the Pac survives? 

A best of the rest PAC conference, with OSU, WSU, Fresno State (All three teams are ranked right now), Boise State, San Diego State, service academies, Memphis, Tulane, and USF would be a decent conference in my opinion, and i believe we should jump on the first opportunity that is presented to us since nothing is guaranteed in the future.

if the ACC or Big 12 were to knock on our door at a later date we could always still jump even if it costs us financially. Look at Colorado who went from Big 12 to Pac, back to Big 12.

Agree whole heartedly!! I think the most important thing for South Florida is to be with like minded and universities on a similar level. We cannot be in a conference with FAU, North Texas and others. A rebuilt PAC with the best of MWC and AAC or a rebuilt ACC with the best of the east is where we need to be. I think it will happen if we can keep winning. After we get to a conference like that, it will be good if we stay or jump to something bigger if the opportunity became available. Our current situation is not good for a permanent home. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

7 minutes ago, michibull said:

Agree whole heartedly!! I think the most important thing for South Florida is to be with like minded and universities on a similar level. We cannot be in a conference with FAU, North Texas and others. A rebuilt PAC with the best of MWC and AAC or a rebuilt ACC with the best of the east is where we need to be. I think it will happen if we can keep winning. After we get to a conference like that, it will be good if we stay or jump to something bigger if the opportunity became available. Our current situation is not good for a permanent home. 

So we're aspiring to be in the MWC?  Times they are achangin'

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

5 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Big 12 pretty much got themselves into a pickle. They over expanded. 

Big 12 didn't know they would get Pac 12 teams when they offered AAC teams.  UCF, Cincy, and Houston would never have been invited over the four corners schools... but once they were in, the Big 12 could not kick them out.

Still, I am not sure the are in a pickle -- at least not any more than other conferences not named SEC or Big Ten.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Big 12 didn't know they would get Pac 12 teams when they offered AAC teams.  UCF, Cincy, and Houston would never have been invited over the four corners schools... but once they were in, the Big 12 could not kick them out.

Still, I am not sure the are in a pickle -- at least not any more than other conferences not named SEC or Big Ten.

True. They can alway pimp out the schools they don’t want to other conferences. Maybe they will split and form an East & West conferences. Either way that commissioner has got a screw loose. Probably just a couple cans short of a six pack of something…arnold schwarzenegger terminator GIF

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  1

Saw this post on another site talking about the estimated increase to ACC member payouts after Calford/SMU join. Thought I'd share - 

My math, subtracting 50 million for the success initiative and Califord with just a 30% payout and SMU with no TV, i get the ACC with a $150 million bump. Divide that by 14.35 and you get about $10.4 million extra per school.

TV per school was about $35 M each last year. In form 990 for the fiscal year 21-22 our TV per school payout was $28 M so you see the effect of the contract ratchet of 4% and ACCN. ACCN represents about $9 per year on TV to my math. There are nearly 10 million ESPN subscribers in California and Texas.

I derive the money as $24.5 million off Califord each and $30 million off SMU. I estimated our ACCN profit to be $90 m. That's the ACC getting 75 cents of an extra $1.50 against 10M accounts. That means ESPN gets 90M. Now it will be up to them to beat it out of the carriers.