• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

19 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If not, then USF isn't even in the conversation, are they?

Well depending on what happens maybe(not likely). I do think if you make a massive run like UCF did in a football area then you have a chance. Boise being an example of a team that made a run in a non football area.

I def have a biased opinion, but I think there are a handful of G5 teams that are better options than a handful of the lower tier P5 teams in the long term.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Pessimists/detractors emphasize metrics that USF hasn’t achieved and argue that unless USF does, they’ll never get an invite to a P5 conference.

Optimists emphasize metrics that USF can achieve/has already achieved and argue that USF should get an invite based on those metrics alone. 

Truth is that it’ll be a combination of these considerations and maybe others too. Not convinced that Tulane has jumped us because of one good year.  Also not convinced we’re an automatic add.

All that said, I like where we’re positioned. If we can get to be at least mediocre in FB and BB, I’d be even more confident. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

36 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

This is what I was talking about recently, we don’t want to move into the ACC. We’d be dead on arrival, getting locked up in all the paperwork agreements to stick around for so many years regardless of what the conference ends up looking like. The AAC is weak and the ACC will be weak if we were to move there. It’s a lateral move, diagonal at best. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

42 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Basically this.

it’s all about eyes and number of fans. 
all of those Texas and fly over schools In the big12 are football hungry. For that reason, it might be a better conference for our football program. (I also think our rivalry with UCF is good for both university, and we should cultivate the rivalry to increase ratings if we are both in autobid conferences). 

Is the big 12 better than the ACC for non-football sports? For academics? For the athletes? 

A gutted ACC without Clemson, FSU, UNC…. It might be worse than the big 12. 

Edited by Gismo

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,075
  • Days Won:  469

Welcome.  

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,732
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Cat941 said:

I just hope we are Peppermint Patty in this musical chairs game and not Charlie Brown. 

HFUrTy.gif

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

24 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Basically this.

it’s all about eyes and number of fans. 
all of those Texas and fly over schools In the big12 are football hungry. For that reason, it might be a better conference for our football program. (I also think our rivalry with UCF is good for both university, and we should cultivate the rivalry to increase ratings if we are both in autobid conferences). 

Is the big 12 better than the ACC for non-football sports? For academics? For the athletes? 

A gutted ACC without Clemson, FSU, UNC…. It might be worse than the big 12. 

Ok, everyone needs to take a deep breath nothing has happened yet.

1. Facts are that USF won’t get in ACC as long as FSU is there.

2. The Big12 took ucf and is at 16 members if they add schools ACC ones will be looked at before USF

3. The SEC has 16 members, the BigTen has 18, really doubt any of them goes over 20. So that means at most 6 ACC schools get raided. And honestly other than FSU, Clemson, UNC and maybe Virginia as both SEC and BigTen would like a member in that state. I don’t see any other that those two would want and increase or match their payout.

4. The ACC has 17 schools not counting ND. Even if 6 left for SEC/BigTen, that would leave 11. Even if Big12 took 4 so all three would have 20 that still leaves 7 ACC schools.

5. So it really looks that if the ACC would be raided by those three, they would still have 7-9 schools and would probably add schools like USF, Navy, Tulane, Memphis, Air Force, Colorado St, SDSU. To get to 16

is that better than Big12, maybe not, but it’s better than what we have now.

Example:

East

Syracuse, Boston College,Wake Forest, Duke, UConn, Navy,USF, Georgia Tech

West

Tulane, Memphis,SMU,Air Force,Colorado St,SDSU,Stanford,Cal

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Ok, everyone needs to take a deep breath nothing has happened yet.

1. Facts are that USF won’t get in ACC as long as FSU is there.

2. The Big12 took ucf and is at 16 members if they add schools ACC ones will be looked at before USF

3. The SEC has 16 members, the BigTen has 18, really doubt any of them goes over 20. So that means at most 6 ACC schools get raided. And honestly other than FSU, Clemson, UNC and maybe Virginia as both SEC and BigTen would like a member in that state. I don’t see any other that those two would want and increase or match their payout.

4. The ACC has 17 schools not counting ND. Even if 6 left for SEC/BigTen, that would leave 11. Even if Big12 took 4 so all three would have 20 that still leaves 7 ACC schools.

5. So it really looks that if the ACC would be raided by those three, they would still have 7-9 schools and would probably add schools like USF, Navy, Tulane, Memphis, Air Force, Colorado St, SDSU. To get to 16

is that better than Big12, maybe not, but it’s better than what we have now.

Example:

East

West

Tulane, Memphis,SMU,Air Force,Colorado St,SDSU,Stanford,Cal

We can call It the AACC.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

6 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

East

This would be fun actually.  Selfishly but not selfishly think playing in ATL every two years would be a great road attendance.