• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

Time to go independent. We should be disconnecting from this flaming turd of a conference and playing only quality opponents, with or without a conference. 

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

Time to go independent. We should be disconnecting from this flaming turd of a conference and playing only quality opponents, with or without a conference. 

If we are talking football, before we start casting aspersions about other teams in the conference, don't you think USF should at least win a few games first?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241

7 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

If we are talking football, before we start casting aspersions about other teams in the conference, don't you think USF should at least win a few games first?

The conference is the cause of this. The lack of interest, ambition, purpose etc around usf football is the fault of our conference situation.

Independent or fold the program. No other option. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347

Army is such a crap addition.

If OSU and WSU go to the Big12 the AAC and MWC need to merge.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

I’d bet that if we were to get an invite to the ACC, it would be once the best teams that make the ACC the ACC plan to leave. We may get to play with the big boys for a couple seasons until a predetermined year arrives but then the ACC gets gutted and we are left behind in a conference with the name of “ACC” but looks nothing like the current ACC as power continues to consolidate into 2 or 3 power conferences. We are the ugly girl who wants to sit at the hot cheerleader’s table and as soon as we find our way in, they’ll switch tables and sit some place else. If we want to be asked to sit with the hot cheerleaders, we need to get a makeover, work on ourselves, and become desirable to them to want us. Unfortunately, sometimes ugly girls just stay ugly and never get to be a part of the cool kids’ group. We can’t force our way in, we can’t hope for a pity invite, it just won’t work because everyone else will bail on us once we arrive. The best way for us to actually get invited is to become extremely successful with what we have, less money, fewer resources and lesser talent. We need to excel when, on paper, we shouldn’t be able to. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

40 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

The conference is the cause of this. The lack of interest, ambition, purpose etc around usf football is the fault of our conference situation.

Independent or fold the program. No other option. 

So, the conference caused a competitive program to be a doormat?  I reject the premise.  While certainly there was a drop off on interest, the conference is not an excuse for failure.  If USF was actually winning games in the AAC and against perceived lesser competition while getting blown our by p5 teams, your point would be valid.  Clearly that is not the case here. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, Mission9 said:

So, the conference caused a competitive program to be a doormat?  I reject the premise.  While certainly there was a drop off on interest, the conference is not an excuse for failure.  If USF was actually winning games in the AAC and against perceived lesser competition while getting blown our by p5 teams, your point would be valid.  Clearly that is not the case here. 

Agreed, we need to stop bashing a conference we have never won, let’s start winning and then *****, however I refuse to ***** now because we have no room.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I have to say if FSU and UNC leave the ACC, and now teams have to travel to Cal and Stanford, it really loses some appeal. 

But I think I’d still prefer the ACC to the big12, but I think it’s still be good to continue the rivalry with UCF once we are in a better conference. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Agreed, we need to stop bashing a conference we have never won, let’s start winning and then *****, however I refuse to ***** now because we have no room.

I have never won a game of dungeons and dragons and I don’t have to win a single time to know that nerd **** sucks and the best way to win in life is to play something else 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I have never won a game of dungeons and dragons and I don’t have to win a single time to know that nerd **** sucks and the best way to win in life is to play something else 

Not sure I follow this analogy, football is football and nerd games are need games.  Sex is like pizza, even bad pizza is still pretty good, however D&D will always suck, good or bad.