• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

not seeing how we get over the hurdle of two members playing the traditional final game of the season, and that being played between conference rivals a week after conference championships are played

I would just accept that Army Navy is a set aside. The "conference rival" line of thinking is neither here nor there. Army Navy is a rivalry that supersedes whatever conference affiliation may exist. Not seeing much of a 'hurdle' to be gotten over. If anything, Army - Navy, associated with the AAC, is a giant bonus. :iconic_u_black:

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

1 minute ago, WoolyBully said:

If anything, Army - Navy, associated with the AAC, is a giant bonus. :iconic_u_black:

If it can be done, it should be done.  Seems like low hanging fruit that should have been picked long ago.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

10 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Yep. AA from HCC then two years at USF. Of course, this was back in the days when the bookstore was two trailers joined together out in a dirt field.

But the point is, we have to have the swanky coffee shop and the rock-climbing wall, and numerous pools, and every other sort of amenity you can imagine as part of our marketing program. We have to be able to pitch U of SF as the cool, in-place to be - because not every kid applying is concerned about the Linear Systems or Logic Design classes.  Gotta appeal. Gotta advertise. Always Be Closing! Don't want to miss out on the revenue - regardless of source. 

Neighbor across the street. Daughter spent one year in Tuscaloosa, Alabama and is now back in Tampa, attending HCC - intent on the AA and subsequently, acceptance to U of SF. Dad is elated. Nothing nicer than in-state tuition at HCC compared to out-of-state tuition at Alabama. Now, being honest, on the funometer, HCC isn't really moving the needle. But it's the pegging of the funometer in 'Bama that initiated the transfer. English 101 is English 101 - on Fowler Avenue or Dale Mabry. Only the $ is different. 

I guess you are right and why the OCS is so appealing to most of us.  Back in our day I had to work out at The gym on 30th, Superior I think because we did not have a fitness center.  The place was more of a place to go to class then get off campus,  now it it more of a destination then a drive through and having a stadium will only help, walking to class on Monday as you go by where you were chugging beers less than 48 hours earlier in a tailgate is incredibly appealing.  Building an engaged alumni base is crucial and this is a step in the right direction.

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 2

6 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

a place to go to class then get off campus

Absolutely 100% - just being honest here - at that point in time, the only difference between HCC & USF was the spelling (and, obviously the cost per credit hour).  U of SF today is one-hundred-eighty degrees different than way back when. So much progress, so much nicer, can't even compare. 

Edited by WoolyBully
text
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,618
  • Days Won:  25

14 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I guess you are right and why the OCS is so appealing to most of us.  Back in our day I had to work out at The gym on 30th, Superior I think because we did not have a fitness center.  The place was more of a place to go to class then get off campus,  now it it more of a destination then a drive through and having a stadium will only help, walking to class on Monday as you go by where you were chugging beers less than 48 hours earlier in a tailgate is incredibly appealing.  Building an engaged alumni base is crucial and this is a step in the right direction.

Four beers Frisco? i expected more from you at a tailgate. Was this on the way to class perhaps?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

If it is between them for conference champ, just push our championship game to that weekend? 

That wouldn't work with all the contracts and ticket sales at a neutral site game.  They would just play 2 weeks in a row!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

42 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Four beers Frisco? i expected more from you at a tailgate. Was this on the way to class perhaps?

Where did I say 4 beers, I would have that on the drive to the tailgate?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Yup.  Pizza and beer at CDBs then walk to the stadium would have been great

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Pizza and beer at CDBs then walk to the stadium would have been great

Dammit! That would have been great. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Yup.  Pizza and beer at CDBs then walk to the stadium would have been great

In 2 years you’ll be able to have craft beer at Zydeco Brewing’s tasting room at MOSI. We’ll, I suppose you could now, but that would one long walk to RayJay.😎