• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

"Well, first of all, you use the word permanently, and I can say it’s far from that,” Whittingham said. “I think in two-to-three, maybe five years at the outside, everything is gonna change again. And so this may be just a quick couple years of the game returning, and then everything is blown up again and people go their separate ways.”

USATSI_19020935-scaled.jpg
WWW.HEARTLANDCOLLEGESPORTS.COM

Utah is set to join the Big 12 in 2024 and while many are looking forward to a...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, michibull said:

Yeah, I have green and gold goggles for sure. Over the last few days, I have come to accept that regardless of conference, our chances of winning a national championship is next to zero. To that point, I am now ok with being in whatever conference (thanks to many here that help me come to this point, haha). USF is a HIGH QUALITY and top notch university, high quality facilities (for our athletics level) and a top notch location. I hope we end up in a great conference, but if not, I hope we are very successful in whatever conference we are in. I will just enjoy USF competing and hopefully winning. 

My name is Triple B and I approve this message ....

Edited by Triple B
  • Like 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

Just to be fair, they're treating the AAC/MWC just like some here are treating the new AAC additions ......... and not knowing all the details, not going come down hard yet on the PAC 4 as greedy. Could be a case similar to ours where some in the PAC 12 sabotaged media rights but had a golden parachute.

Maybe I should've used the term arrogant? But if I'm reading the tweets and such correctly, the problem is 2 schools. So, as I said, "God I love when greed bites the greedy in the butt."

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

Think this is just wishful thinking coming from a WVU peep lol 

7F509F22-E82C-4299-895B-36D9BCD6FFA9.png

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I don’t think SMU gets added to the ACC… seems like a choice with very limited growth potential. 

This talk of the Big12 taking the PAC rejects doesn’t make sense. The Big12 is already taking PAC schools, why would they not take the PAC left overs before, what caused a change of heart? Nothing. They aren’t going to the Big12.

They should join the MWC. 
If their brands had media value the PAC wouldn’t have collapsed and they wouldn’t have been left out. 

Re-alignment leaves behind the schools with small fan bases and fewer viewers.

Academics don’t matter. 

The PAC schools left behind are left behind because of lack of viewers. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Gismo said:

I don’t think SMU gets added to the ACC… seems like a choice with very limited growth potential. 

This talk of the Big12 taking the PAC rejects doesn’t make sense. The Big12 is already taking PAC schools, why would they not take the PAC left overs before, what caused a change of heart? Nothing. They aren’t going to the Big12.

They should join the MWC
If their brands had media value the PAC wouldn’t have collapsed and they wouldn’t have been left out. 

Academics don’t matter. 

The PAC schools left behind are left behind because of lack of viewers

Hard to argue against that. We're in the football media bidness, not the best-n-brightest bidness.  That office is down the hall past the atrium. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Gismo said:

They should join the MWC. 

Academics don’t matter. 

The PAC schools left behind are left behind because of lack of viewers. 

They are doing it to prevent the AAC from gaining “strength.” 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,616
  • Days Won:  25

7 minutes ago, ahoyboy said:

They are doing it to prevent the AAC from gaining “strength.” 

If we get gained the pac4, the teams we lost were better than all of them in their current state. On the plus side we got wear the slime green for the new AAC after dark games going in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1