• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

25 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I was being generous. Brad thinks I'm all gloom and doom.  

Or maybe you should have opted for motivational speaker.

Matt Foley Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

Some fans are more comfortable with complacency then with accountability.  More comfortable with a feeling of victimhood than a feeling of failure.  Some want to beat Alabama ten out of ten times (naively) while others have accepted, warmly, their lot in life as a fan of a middling mid-major that tries.  Fans can be status quo embracers, nothing wrong with that for them.  Others expect more and find it difficult to embrace the current status of the program.  Failure feels different to different people and people react differently to it.  It's okay.  We're all types.

I know this wasn't directed at me personally but I would argue some of us don't fall within those parameters either. I will skip over my bemusement of the abject failure of the program and contempt for those running the show the last few years since we have moved forward with a replacement at the helm.  The other issue, being left out of realignment, I can be unhappy about what is going on but find it hard to rationalize that USF could have done anything to beat out the schools which got the callup, with one exception.  For the sake of decency I will not mention that one university. In being angry about not being in place of the one exception, we should realize there really is no contesting the fact that we have made multiple errors beginning in 2010 which snowballed into what we have now.  Any choices made in the future of the program should only be made with USF, USF alumni, and USF fans interest and not be made to please the local media (whose influence is depreciating much to my joy).

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

47 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So what do you do for the next 58:45?  😄

Laugh at the drunks in the stadium. Like I said, I just like being there.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

2 hours ago, DontPushMe said:

Very well said. It's like the analogy of a frog in boiling water. If you drop a frog in boiling water it jumps out. If you put it in normal temp water and slowly increase it to boiling he boils. 

If in 2008 we had announced we are joining a conference with FAU, North Texas, Charlotte, San Antonio etc heads would have rolled. Yet because it's happened slowly most here are just resigned to it. 

Being associated with these schools is an absolute embarrassment and should never be accepted. We should go independent if we insist on pressing on with football. Play as many road one and dones as needed to stay afloat. Being connected to **** makes us **** by association. 

There should be an uproar. Everyone who has been involved in the athletic program in the past 5-10 years should be fired. 

USF should have blocked the additions of Rice, Charlotte, and North Texas. UAB, FAU, and UTSA I kind of get.

We aren't even playing SMU, ECU, and Tulane this year. While Kelly deserves a year or two to get us in a better situation, he is partially to blame for this crap schedule we are playing this year. We should never have gone along with the last round of AAC expansion.

If Kelly cant get us into a Mountain West/AAC/PAC merger how is he going to be able to talk his way in us getting into the ACC, especially with Western expansion.

While I get why SMU deserves it more then we do at this point the truth remains we see yet another round where we are left behind. Ultimately the buck stops with Kelly. I need to see improvement this year in football and basketball or I will be on the  fire Kelly bandwagon along with Puc and Outlaw. To be honest I should be on the bandwagon already and most of my USF friends already are , but I believe that he deserves one more chance.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Days Won:  14

42 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I think you were close but I recall last season’s opener against BYU. I believe the ran the opening kick for a TD after that weather delay. So I think it was more like 59:50 or 59:51

I was so pumped for that season.  After all, we had the best transfer class in the nation.  😞

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

32 minutes ago, Brad said:

As I have said before, I'm afraid we're waiting on the worst of the P4s when that happens.  I know peeps in the Southeast really want the ACC footprint for travel purposes, but for the strength of the program I think the Big 12 is better long term.  It may be the last conference killed off by the P2 and media outlets.

Let’s say both the big ten & SEC take teams from big 12 & ACC and then ACC is looking to backfill with a few Florida schools. Do you still prefer the big 12 over ACC?? I see the ACC coming out as 3rd best conference 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, belgianbull said:
2 hours ago, DontPushMe said:

USF should have blocked the additions of Rice, Charlotte, and North Texas. UAB, FAU, and UTSA I kind of get

I’m with you on blocking Charlotte and North Texas, and I get UAB and UTSA, but I’m a hard no on FAU; switch it with Rice and I’m with you. Rice has the academics, endowment and their stadium is actually pretty nice. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

6 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

I know this wasn't directed at me personally but I would argue some of us don't fall within those parameters either.

Agreed, they were really the extremes. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

42 minutes ago, ClassOf2005Bull said:

*Russian accent*

We must break ACC

Fixed it for you

• Topic Count:  60
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I was so pumped for that season.  After all, we had the best transfer class in the nation.  😞

I knew last season was over when it was 28-0 before the seats were even warm and the Trappist beer and gin buzz was gone. 

• Haha 1