• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Brad
This post was recognized by Brad!

Bull Matrix was awarded the badge 'Optimist' and 10 points.

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

No offense, but big whoop. This is all about consolidation. They are creating the appearance of fairness for now. The reality is that they are going to get to the point where the semifinals teams are from the B1G and SEC every year. I see things playing out like this: by 2036, the SEC and B1G will take what their media partners want from the Big 12, ACC, and any G5 that might be attractive by then. They will likely get to 24 to 30 teams each, break into 3 divisions, have separate "playoffs" consisting of the division winners and the next best 3 teams. Then the SEC and B1G playoff champions will play in the College Football Championship game.  Everyone else outside of that elite fraternity will be relegated to a lesser division of college football. USF's window of opportunity to not get left out is just about closed. We have about 12 years to make the CFP a few times and win a few games in the playoff in order to be considered. A very tall order when you factor in that the G5 teams are essentially all competing for 1, maybe 2, playoff spots each season. 

Hey man! I will take the odds anyway compared to giving up & throwing in the towel. I could see people being upset if USF was winning recently but the reality is that we have not really won much since Leavitt. Sure Holtz had that good 1st season. But that is it. USF has hired bad coaches since they fired Leavitt. I could of gave up & thrown the towel back then but i didn’t. I’m still here and I’m still going to be optimistic. Go Bulls !!transformers GIF

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

Hey man! I will take the odds anyway compared to giving up & throwing in the towel. I could see people being upset if USF was winning recently but the reality is that we have not really won much since Leavitt. Sure Holtz had that good 1st season. But that is it. USF has hired bad coaches since they fired Leavitt. I could of gave up & thrown the towel back then but i didn’t. I’m still here and I’m still going to be optimistic. Go Bulls !!transformers GIF

I don't mind optimism, but there reaches a point where it become blind delusion. Any hope of USF football being a serious player in the world of major college football is quickly dying. Media markets are going to mean less and less as time goes on. Academics will mean less and less. Those are two of the biggest things that USF has going for it and their value is rapidly depreciating before our very eyes. Amateurism is dead, as well, which is making this change far more rapid than most of us ever thought it would be. I am not being a defeatist, but I am being a realist. USF's window of opportunity is about to close. If CAG doesn't produce for us, and quickly, the window will be closed forever. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

2 hours ago, michibull said:

I hated these additions from the moment they added them. Just doesn’t make sense and as you said, it weakens the brand of the conference and the universities that are in it. It’s an embarrassment that they are in the American. We should have just stayed at 10 or 11, quality over quantity. 

What's done is done, but I agree. It was a huge mistake to look at quantity vs quality, and the idea that because Charlotte and Rice are located in big  metropolitan areas and therefore would bring more value then  lets say a Marshall or Appalachian state was wrongheaded. Our schedule this year is the worst looking schedule since i was still a student at USF.

It would have been much better for us if Rice, North Texas and Charlotte were not in the AAC. It would be easier to add teams right now.

Still AAC should add Mountain West and Pac teams. If the AAC comes out worse if we lose SMU, and we aren't able to add quality teams, the AAC commissioner should be fired. And if the AAC is not able to pull it off and the Mountain West prospers because of it, USF, Memphis and Tulane should be looking to join the Mountain West. Just my two cents.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Any hope of USF football being a serious player in the world of major college football is quickly dying. Media markets are going to mean less and less as time goes on. Academics will mean less and less.

Well that's a bummer.

2 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

and the idea that because Charlotte and Rice are located in big  metropolitan areas and therefore would bring more value then  lets say a Marshall or Appalachian state was wrongheaded.

Yea it would have been cool playing Marshall and App State.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

9 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

USF's window of opportunity is about to close.

Would you think this has any impact on future investment?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

19 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

No offense, but big whoop. This is all about consolidation. They are creating the appearance of fairness for now. The reality is that they are going to get to the point where the semifinals teams are from the B1G and SEC every year. I see things playing out like this: by 2036, the SEC and B1G will take what their media partners want from the Big 12, ACC, and any G5 that might be attractive by then. They will likely get to 24 to 30 teams each, break into 3 divisions, have separate "playoffs" consisting of the division winners and the next best 3 teams. Then the SEC and B1G playoff champions will play in the College Football Championship game.  Everyone else outside of that elite fraternity will be relegated to a lesser division of college football. USF's window of opportunity to not get left out is just about closed. We have about 12 years to make the CFP a few times and win a few games in the playoff in order to be considered. A very tall order when you factor in that the G5 teams are essentially all competing for 1, maybe 2, playoff spots each season. 

they won't get to 30 each. maybe 30 total. they will get rid of the dead weight programs and eventually break off.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

9 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

aren't able to add quality teams

What constitutes a 'quality team'? App State ? Coastal Carolina? I watch those novelty games, only because I'm from that neck o'the woods. I honest-to-god don't see where they are any level above what was added already. Or should I be thinking in terms of "Hey, let's take a road trip to this cool campus and vacay destination' when we use the word 'quality'. 😎

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

Would you think this has any impact on future investment?

It is a great question and I’m very curious to see how next week’s meeting goes with regards to the OCS. That will be very telling. I’m hoping for the best. Go Bulls!!

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,733
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I don't mind optimism, but there reaches a point where it become blind delusion.

Thus the term "fan" as in fanatic. Of course, fans can be fanatically negative and fanatically realistic as well as fanatically positive. (see TBP) 😉🤘

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

3 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

It is a great question and I’m very curious to see how next week’s meeting goes with regards to the OCS. That will be very telling. I’m hoping for the best. Go Bulls!!

If they back out at any point gotta shut things down probably.