• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/15/2023 at 8:08 AM, Who'sYourData? said:

Absolutely looking like that, and for good reason.  Check out how many $$$ the PAC will get from NCAAB tourney over the next few years.  Also the name is still worth something.  Stanford is in the best negotiating position of any of the schools.  It could still go any which way, but disbanding the AAC makes a lot of sense.

That ‘conference’ doesn’t have a tv deal.  Even if it did it would be on Apple for pennies which I’m not interested in at all.  I like where we are which has tourney credits and NY6 and future playoff spot.  They can come to us and we’d probably make more.  Stanford has zero leverage other than going independent.. if they wanted to do that they’d do that out the gate.  Letting them drive the bus is stupid, they are inept despite their name/brand/aau status whatever.

6 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

You guys are not thinking about this from a business perspective. It is about perception and protecting the brand. Moderate to minimal short-term loss for long-term gain. Yes, there will be more consolidation, but getting into a P4 conference positions them the best for the next round of "Let's Ruin College Football". 

Do this thought experiment. If USF had the booster support right now to forego 5 years of conference media revenue and join the ACC, would you want them to do it? There is no other answer than Absolutely. What Stanford and SMU are trying to do doesn't make sense to you guys because it doesn't benefit USF. 

The ACC is dead one way or the other.  SMU/Stanford aren’t changing that.  Only way it makes sense is if we move nowish with full shares.  Otherwise f’em and focus on being the best athletics program we can be.  

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

The ACC is dead one way or the other.  SMU/Stanford aren’t changing that.  Only way it makes sense is if we move nowish with full shares.  Otherwise f’em and focus on being the best athletics program we can be.  

We aren't anywhere near an ACC invite, so it is easy to say that. If we could get in you 100% take it. Unfortunately, for us, that isn't even a concern. And of course we are focused on being the best athletics program we can be. It isn't like improving your conference and on field performance are mutually exclusive. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Are the MW teams going to pay a buyout to come here. Honestly without CAL and Stanford. Best bet for Washing State and Oregon State is to join the MWC, which then becomes better than the AAC. 

There doesn’t have to be a buyout, they can join when their deal ends.  No hurry. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  149

32 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

If something like that happens our best bet would be to try to join the Mountain West ( I know that sounds crazy, but these are crazy times).

Jerry Seinfeld GIF

I don't necessarily disagree, but man, things sure have changed a lot in the last month.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

8000 pages and this will still be going. We will them be members of the Sun Belt.

Funbelt > MAC and CUSA

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,037
  • Days Won:  10

9 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

I see what you are saying and we have to focus on just winning, but what conference you are in and how tough a schedule you play affects whether you make it to play offs or what bowl game you play in. We could go 10-2 in a depleted AAC and still no one would notice. There is unmeasurable benefit of being in ACC or Pac merger.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,496
  • Days Won:  13

13 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

There doesn’t have to be a buyout, they can join when their deal ends.  No hurry. 

I don't think the deals have an expiration date. I know the TV Contract does. Have never heard of a conference allowing you in on a deal with a term. I could be wrong, but follow this stuff pretty close. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,469
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I see what you are saying and we have to focus on just winning, but what conference you are in and how tough a schedule you play affects whether you make it to play offs or what bowl game you play in. We could go 10-2 in a depleted AAC and still no one would notice. There is unmeasurable benefit of being in ACC or Pac merger.

I can remember very few years ago when people were saying that playing ANYBODY in the AAC would not get anyone noticed.

NEWS FLASH! They noticed.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, SilverBull said:

Speaking of which, today's fortune cookie was great for most on here.

Todaysfortune.thumb.jpg.ab1fe18f1baac166b31f98c2d383097b.jpg

3 is the win totals and the rest are the years that significant realignment happens in CFB where we get left behind.