• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, JAFFX2 said:

Far be it from a Bulls fan to disparage other programs, but I cannot see a logical argument to take FAU, UTSA, and UAB over USF.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

29 minutes ago, JAFFX2 said:

5 minutes ago, Bull Gooner said:

Far be it from a Bulls fan to disparage other programs, but I cannot see a logical argument to take FAU, UTSA, and UAB over USF.

Far be it from me to disparage a Twitter account, but that's got to be one of the dumbest ************* I've seen on there ....

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Far be it from me to disparage a Twitter account, but that's got to be one of the dumbest ************* I've seen on there ....

Just wait, we will hear dumber things.

Edit: I just thought of one. Pair a Power school with a Group school. The G school acts like a farm school for players that wouldn’t get playing time at the power school. During the off-season players can move up and down between those two schools based on their performance. Schools would have to be paired by distance to prevent moving across the country. Naturally we would be UCF’s farm school in this scenario. There, that is the dumbest thing ever.

Edited by Peatearpan
Added some dumb ****
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

I am now subscribed to BeaverCenter+ for all my realignment news.

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Haha 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

52 minutes ago, JAFFX2 said:

not sure why UCF fans still post on a USF board

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

This is is the clueless take most are at.

It’s all about branding and market. There are multiple articles about conference expansion and who took who. For instance, Maryland wasn’t taken because of infield success, it was history, academic’s, basketball and DC; Pitt and Syracuse were taken for history, name recognition and basketball (Syracuse anyways) not infield success. Colorado? Deion, not infield success. Arizona and ASU? Name recognition and Phoenix, why wasn’t WSU or OSU taken, no brand or market. Why wasn’t Stanford taken? B1G already had So Cal and they would dilute the well. Cal you ask? USC and UCLA are the name brand Cali teams. Tho we have been terrible for 4 years, people still remember us from the mid 00’s and QF’s run. Tampa is a huge market. You can’t Eve begging to discuss expansion value with FAU, UTSA, UAB or whoever without USF ahead of them. They bring no money, fans or growth potential. UAB had cancelled their football program a few years ago. So, I would beg to differ on “clueless”. Yes, UCF passed us on many levels, Cincy has history, on field success, Cincinnati market and football/basketball. Houston has Houston, football/basketball, huge investments and recent success. We are not blind to that. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, michibull said:

It’s all about branding and market. There are multiple articles about conference expansion and who took who. For instance, Maryland wasn’t taken because of infield success, it was history, academic’s, basketball and DC; Pitt and Syracuse were taken for history, name recognition and basketball (Syracuse anyways) not infield success. Colorado? Deion, not infield success. Arizona and ASU? Name recognition and Phoenix, why wasn’t WSU or OSU taken, no brand or market. Why wasn’t Stanford taken? B1G already had So Cal and they would dilute the well. Cal you ask? USC and UCLA are the name brand Cali teams. Tho we have been terrible for 4 years, people still remember us from the mid 00’s and QF’s run. Tampa is a huge market. You can’t Eve begging to discuss expansion value with FAU, UTSA, UAB or whoever without USF ahead of them. They bring no money, fans or growth potential. UAB had cancelled their football program a few years ago. So, I would beg to differ on “clueless”. Yes, UCF passed us on many levels, Cincy has history, on field success, Cincinnati market and football/basketball. Houston has Houston, football/basketball, huge investments and recent success. We are not blind to that. 

This is my take we need to improve our brand and awareness, we have done nothing to do so in this regime. If they cannot start implementing a tangible path towards relevancy, they should have already been required to do so at this point, it is time to find people that will in fact make improvements now (even if it is just by having a name people want to talk to and about).

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

This is my take we need to improve our brand and awareness, we have done nothing to do so in this regime. If they cannot start implementing a tangible path towards relevancy, they should have already been required to do so at this point, it is time to find people that will in fact make improvements now (even if it is just by having a name people want to talk to and about).

Completely agree!! Right now, it’s all about image and brand quality. Getting USF out there, bragging about the IPF, radio, tv shows and spots. Banners, internet exposure, any and everything!!

• Go Bulls! 2