• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

How much are we getting now per team in the AAC?

$7 million

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

I think the snobbery from the PAC got the best of them 

Reaction Eye Roll GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I don't imagine ESPN wants big 12 to poach ACC especially if it means they have to pay teams more to move. Seems like it would be a lateral move anyway.

It depends. If the idea is consolidation, wouldn't they rather pay less for the 5 teams that wouldn't be bringing them substantial value? I agree that it may not happen, but it isn't out of the question. They seem to be allowing FSU and Clemson to explore membership with the SEC. As far as lateral moves go, if the ACC ship is going to be sinking and that becomes clear, it isn't a lateral move to get on a more stable ship. How much would the ACC TV deal be worth without FSU and Clemson? What about without UNC and Virginia as well? At that point, could the remaining ACC teams command more than $31 million per year, which is what the Big 12 teams are expected to receive? My guess would be no. 

Edited by BullyPulpit

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Reaction Eye Roll GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

I need that golf shirt

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

I wonder how these super conference cross country travel is going to impact the academics of the student athletes. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

20 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

The ACC would still be fine if they lost 4 teams to other conferences. They are looking to be proactive with Stanford and Cal, but I just don't see how that fits. I am sure they have contingency plans in place if 4 teams leave for the SEC/B1G. The ACC's biggest issue would be if teams like Louisville and Pitt got looks from the Big 12. If the ACC lost 2 to the SEC (FSU and Clemson), 2 to the B1G (UNC and Virginia) and then the Big 12 decided to go to 20 teams and take 4 from the ACC (Miami, Louisville, Pitt, Va Tech or NC State) it would all be over for the ACC. The remnants would be Wake, Syracuse, BC, Duke, Ga Tech, and either VA Tech or NC State. Still an upgrade over the AAC, but not nearly as exciting if just 2 or 4 leave the ACC. 

Unless they get their contract increase, both Stanford & Cal would have a negative impact due to travel costs…

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

It depends. If the idea is consolidation, wouldn't they rather pay less for the 5 teams that wouldn't be bringing them substantial value? I agree that it may not happen, but it isn't out of the question. They seem to be allowing FSU and Clemson to explore membership with the SEC. 

Yeah I guess I didn't think that way.

Is the big 12 payout more than ACC?

ACC has contract through 2036 I assume so I don't think they can just dump programs like they did with Pac as theirs is set to expire next year I believe.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  416
  • Days Won:  2

19 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I believe it is a minimum of $7 million. UCF reported receiving $8.8 million this past year. I'm not certain how the $17 million in entry fees for the incoming teams and the $54 million in exit fees for UCF/Houston/Cincy will be divided. 

By comparison, the MWC is the next closest G5 conference and their teams make at least $4 million annually. 

For the exit fees of any conference, I think usually the legacy members will keep all of it. If not all of it, a large majority of it and only a small share to the new members that are replacing the outgoing teams. 

That $8.8M is right. The AAC TV deal will average $7M over it's duration but don't think it's actually hit that amount yet. But the $8.8M payout also includes bowl, CFP, and NCAA credits money.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, TallyBull said:

FWIW I’d be OK with this so long as USF isn’t signing a GOR that would prevent it from joining the ACC 

What a horrible graphic. Half the teams are just logos and some are logos on a map. If I'm to blindly believe internet rumors, they need to look legit.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I wonder how these super conference cross country travel is going to impact the academics of the student athletes. 

lol... like that matters

Edited by Bull94
  • Haha 1