• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  1

46 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

But if it gets to $14 or $15M per year... is that bird in the hand worth the two in the ACC bush that may or may not happen, and may not happen soon ??

You always take the sure thing. An invite comes, you give the ACC 24 hours to extend its own before you announce the acceptance of the first offer. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

9 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

My 100% useless opinion - I DON'T CARE!

I'll continue to go to every home game and at least one away game, usually somewhere different, and WHEN we make a bowl game I'll go to that. Conference affiliation, other than the monetary value, means nothing to me. I mean, hell, I went to friggin U-Mass for an away game. Winning USF football is all I care about.

GO BULLS!

Yes I agree! USF football is going to be fine no matter what is happening to the conference landscape. Once USF starts winning I do believe we have the people in place to make sure USF keeps on winning.  

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

lasvegasbowllogo.jpg
WWW.ACTIONNETWORK.COM

Check out Brett McMurphy's report about Pac-12 bowls exploring tie-in options with other conferences after the latest round of realignment.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

From CFN today in an article about the SEC being late to the party...

And even if the SEC and the ready-to-bolt ACC schools foot the $130ish million in exit fees, or figure out a legal loophole, that still doesn’t increase the conference’s footprint to markets outside of the geographic bottom right of the United States. But who’s left that makes any sense? USF? The Pac-4? Tulane? It feels a bit like the SEC thought the party invitation was for next week.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Jim Johnson said:

Well it's not a SWAG.  There are some logical reasons it could be possible:

• The PAC 4 teams need to be part of something bigger NEXT YEAR.
  • The MWC teams require a $34 million exit fee for 1-year-notice.  So all those yummy "western" teams are not gonna be in a position to afford it... and the PAC 4 won't have money to help.
  • AAC teams have an $18M exit fee (using the UCF/UH/UC terms).

Not saying it will happen -- but it's not completely out of this world.

Yes, and I wasn't saying there wasn't a rational basis that it could happen, only that the X was more someone's conjecture based on circumstances rather than reporting of any actual facts.  That said, there is an intriguing mix of teams in the PAC-12 remnants, AAC and MWC that could form a viable national conference. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  1

SEC can easily expand physical footprint to NC, VA, WV and even Arizona and/or Kansas. When looking at market demographics and trends, NC, VA, and Arizona make the most sense. And the large brands (FSU/Clemson) would still be accretive imo but depends on how TV execs are valuing the properties/growth and nobody is privy to that direct information outside of those conference rooms. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

On 8/4/2023 at 8:28 PM, Bull Matrix said:

Does that have an ACC logo on it somewhere??

I've been playing catch up throughout this morning given this thing has grown like 50 pages since I left work on Friday. Tabbed this one to quote and theorize ... I'm not convinced that Bull Matrix is NOT a VPMK Bullspen burner account. That's why they're so convinced that we're gonna be fine!

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

3 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Good to see USF popping up more on various scenarios. PAC or ACC it is more likely for USF if the dominos fall the right way.

USF in PAC is hilarious.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

9 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

From CFN today in an article about the SEC being late to the party...

And even if the SEC and the ready-to-bolt ACC schools foot the $130ish million in exit fees, or figure out a legal loophole, that still doesn’t increase the conference’s footprint to markets outside of the geographic bottom right of the United States. But who’s left that makes any sense? USF? The Pac-4? Tulane? It feels a bit like the SEC thought the party invitation was for next week.

The Pac-4 LOL what a dumpster fire my favorite sport is.