• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Did some digging through the FSU board to see what the buzz is about. Sounds like ESPN has been trying to re-negotiate with the ACC to give them a marginally better deal. ACC is at 30m a year right now, Big12 just signed for 31m a year, and SEC/Big10 are over double that. ESPN realized they could give FSU/Clemson/UNC a raise and still have good value on major brands compared to if they jumped to a big 2 conference.

The ACC refused as they were afraid to re-open anything related to the GOR and teams finding a way to get out. FSU's lawyers now think the ACC did not negotiate in its fiduciary role on the behalf of all its schools and can sue to get out.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

Thanks for the update. I don’t believe that will happen. If anything you would have to think the SEC would step in and make sure the big ten doesn’t get what they want. I’m sticking with my earlier prediction in that UConn & USF will eventually end up in ACC 

This is what I want to see

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  184
  • Days Won:  0

44 minutes ago, bulloni said:

If FSU/Clemson/UNC/UVA do bounce for the SEC and we are one of the backfills who else would y’all want to make the jump with us?

my top 3 would be Memphis, UConn, Tulane/SMU

dream scenario would be WVU, Cincinnati, UCF. 

WVU, Cincinnati, Uconn. Would love to see the remaining members of the ACC use some of the buyout money to pay the exit fees for WVU and Cincinnati and bring them over. Mostly because of the former conference affiliation ties and not any sort of ill will to another conference. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

10 minutes ago, MoneyBull said:

WVU, Cincinnati, Uconn. Would love to see the remaining members of the ACC use some of the buyout money to pay the exit fees for WVU and Cincinnati and bring them over. Mostly because of the former conference affiliation ties and not any sort of ill will to another conference. 

This is the dream scenario here!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  33
  • Days Won:  0

How wild will it be that if things continue to move down the path it's projected we will basically end up with a beafed up Big East 2.0

WVU, Louisville, Syracuse, Pitt, BC, UM, VT, Cinci (hopefully), USF, NC State, Duke, UConn, WF, GT

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

28 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Did some digging through the FSU board to see what the buzz is about. Sounds like ESPN has been trying to re-negotiate with the ACC to give them a marginally better deal. ACC is at 30m a year right now, Big12 just signed for 31m a year, and SEC/Big10 are over double that. ESPN realized they could give FSU/Clemson/UNC a raise and still have good value on major brands compared to if they jumped to a big 2 conference.

The ACC refused as they were afraid to re-open anything related to the GOR and teams finding a way to get out. FSU's lawyers now think the ACC did not negotiate in its fiduciary role on the behalf of all its schools and can sue to get out.

In the words of the immortal Warren Zevon and more than a few of my fellow FSU alumni:

Amazon.com: Patriot Patch Co - Send Lawyers, Guns and Money - Patch

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, USFsurfer said:

How wild will it be that if things continue to move down the path it's projected we will basically end up with a beafed up Big East 2.0

WVU, Louisville, Syracuse, Pitt, BC, UM, VT, Cinci (hopefully), USF, NC State, Duke, UConn, WF, GT

Certainly a much better crowd. But how much would a contract be worth for that and how hard would the top schools fight to get out of it each year. I guess I'm saying that I would be concerned about stability.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

What do we get in the AAC isn't like $6 million?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

5 minutes ago, USFsurfer said:

This would make me a very happy man. Getting into the B1G or SEC is never going to happen for USF. This would be the best practicable result, far better than the Big 12.