• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

2 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Was trying to figure out this ACC stuff. Because the daily stampede guys said the ACC expanding would have nothing to do with FSU/Miami leaving. And them adding us as is without that scenario would have ACC fans melting down. Something like this is seems like it would make more sense:

1.) Kelly posts that dominoes gif

2.) Someone asked a connection in athletics what that meant. They told them to keep an eye on the ACC, they're looking to expand

3.) They took that as "USF to the ACC" and that's how these rumors started

4.) What the person really meant is the ACC is looking to add 2 schools like WVU & Cincy which would make a lot more sense than us. Then us and Memphis have some reason to be confident we would be the next 2 up in the Big 12.

That would line up more with dominoes falling too

I don’t see WV ever getting into ACC as long as UNC, Duke are there. Also both WV and UC would have to navigate exit fees from Big12 which even without GOR would be around 80 million. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

9 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I don’t see WV ever getting into ACC as long as UNC, Duke are there. Also both WV and UC would have to navigate exit fees from Big12 which even without GOR would be around 80 million. 

Do Duke and UNC not want WV because Academics? Louisvilles is just as bad

Also for the exit fee, I thought the whole point in Oklahoma and Texas waiting till after their media deal us up in 2025 was so they didn't have to pay it? Why else did they push back their entrance to the SEC 3 years 

Edited by bulloni

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

21 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Was trying to figure out this ACC stuff. Because the daily stampede guys said the ACC expanding would have nothing to do with FSU/Miami leaving. And them adding us as is without that scenario would have ACC fans melting down. Something like this is seems like it would make more sense:

2.) Someone asked a connection in athletics what that meant. They told them to keep an eye on the ACC, they're looking to expand

4.) What the person really meant is the ACC is looking to add 2 schools like WVU & Cincy which would make a lot more sense than us. Then us and Memphis have some reason to be confident we would be the next 2 up in the Big 12.

This all eventually leads to a man on the grassy knoll assigned Kennedy. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

20 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

The ACC's commish comment about academics not having much to do with expansion any more may be greasing the wheels for a hillbillies invite ........... and are you sure an exit fee for a team that hasn't played a season there yet would be that high?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

Seems to me the only way USF gets into the ACC without departures is for USF to get in on a cut-rate deal in terms of TV money. Unlikely, but possible.

Also,I don’t put as much stock into the comment that academics isn’t as important. The point is that conferences can’t necessarily be as picky as they have been in the past with respect to academics - but last I checked university presidents still ultimately pull the trigger, and they’re still going to want to be associated with better academic institutions. So at least in that regard, USF is in a better spot than many other schools.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

As long as the dominoes gif wasn't meant to be some sort of metaphor for our offensive line, I'm ok with it.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

Anyone have an article about what it would cost the incoming 4 teams to leave the big 12?

Does the 80 million number apply to the teams that signed the big 12 GOR in 2012 or does it apply to anyone who joins the conference going forward?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

The ACC's commish comment about academics not having much to do with expansion any more may be greasing the wheels for a hillbillies invite ........... and are you sure an exit fee for a team that hasn't played a season there yet would be that high?

they will hold their nose and let wv in if it means more moeny

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

INJECT IT INTO MY VEINS 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

4 minutes ago, smazza said:

they will hold their nose and let wv in if it means more moeny

Not sure if WVU would warrant that much money. 

5 minutes ago, hm101 said:

INJECT IT INTO MY VEINS 

Been hearing SD State to PAC 12