• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

It would certainly kill the MWC.  But I actually don't like the idea of dropping Tulane. Tulane is the geographical axis that makes the AAC turn, and if we ever decide to have a neutral-site conference championship, you can do a lot worse than NOLA. I don't think it would happen for a while, the model of giving the top ranked AAC team an extra home game has provided excellent optics and incentives to the American, but having Tulane in the American is a good thing. Tulsa is the one that doesn't make sense. 

If the American is going to expand, and Boise is okay with an equal revenue share, then I would add them along with the Air Force Academy and Colorado State. That gets you to 14. The only other schools I think would fit from an AAC perspective are UNLV (which is a big city school and could serve as a western version of Tulane), and BYU (which isn't coming because they will never agree to be second-string to Utah). 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

My bet is the MWC works this out with Boise...they are not going to commit suicide.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

haven't we been through this before?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

4 hours ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

It would certainly kill the MWC.  But I actually don't like the idea of dropping Tulane. Tulane is the geographical axis that makes the AAC turn, and if we ever decide to have a neutral-site conference championship, you can do a lot worse than NOLA. I don't think it would happen for a while, the model of giving the top ranked AAC team an extra home game has provided excellent optics and incentives to the American, but having Tulane in the American is a good thing. Tulsa is the one that doesn't make sense. 

If the American is going to expand, and Boise is okay with an equal revenue share, then I would add them along with the Air Force Academy and Colorado State. That gets you to 14. The only other schools I think would fit from an AAC perspective are UNLV (which is a big city school and could serve as a western version of Tulane), and BYU (which isn't coming because they will never agree to be second-string to Utah). 

I'm confused.  If Tulane wins their Division how would they not have home field if the game was played in NOLA?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, 2000bull said:

haven't we been through this before?

In another huge, beautiful thread........?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

55 minutes ago, Triple B said:

In another huge, beautiful thread........?

Merge! Merge! Merge! Merge!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm confused.  If Tulane wins their Division how would they not have home field if the game was played in NOLA?

That's the confusing part? Mine is still how we think we should be in the AAC+ and they're left out.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

15 minutes ago, JTrue said:

That's the confusing part? Mine is still how we think we should be in the AAC+ and they're left out.

I get that with your thinking but I didn't quote you.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Get your popcorn out, Things are getting ugly with BSU and the MWC. The MWC board is having its own little melt down. It will be interesting to see if ESPN is working behind the scenes to destroy the MWC like they did to us in the Former Big East. 

https://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?/topic/86039-boise-state-has-filed-suit-against-the-mwc/#comments

https://www.csnbbs.com/thread-892956.html

https://www.ktvb.com/article/sports/ncaa/ncaaf/boise-state-football/boise-state-sues-mountain-west-conference-over-tv-contract-school-bonuses/277-5e044358-8b75-4ac1-9243-5f9bf44c7be4