• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I think the one thing that we can all agree on is that the Big XII is horribly dysfunctional.

On the bright side - if indeed they're deadlocked and don't expand, you know who comes out the best in all this? The AAC, which stays together and looks relatively sane.

As long as you ignore that the entire league was heading for the door.  Heck I think even Aresco might have submitted his resume to be the B12 janitor.

Seriously though, we need to show strength and invite AF, CSU, Boise and Army.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

20 minutes ago, ToroDeFuego said:

Ok, we covered religion, now let's move on to politics. And then whether cats or dogs are the better pet.

The correct anewer is Dogs. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.campusrush.com/big-12-expansion-status-houston-cincinnati-byu-uconn-david-boren-2006279271.html

Can someone tell me why these writers continue to think UCF has an edge over USF?

They just came off a doughnut season, USF has better academics (USF is emerging preeminent based on objective data), and a larger media market. 

Is it the size of UCF, the OCS, The lack of an NFL team, the BCS win?????

There must be an explanation for the love affair.

• Upvote 2

Guest PCBull14
2 hours ago, TallyBull said:

If you can find where I compared the BYU situation with Alabama, please quote it, but my point was precisely the opposite - there is no comparison. 

BYU is accepting of anyone that abides by its rules. I get that you don't agree with those rules. But BYU is a private institution and no one is compelled to attend there. Those who do attend there presumably agree with the rules; if they don't, there are a lot of excellent secular schools to choose from - USF included!

Tolerance cuts both ways. Religious folks have to tolerate the secular culture around them. But the secular culture should also have to tolerate people's religious convictions, especially when they're different. 

It would seem intolerant to me for the Big XII to deny BYU entry just because it requires students who choose to go there to pledge that they will not engage in extra-marital sex (of any kind). That said, there may be many other good reasons why the Big XII won't or shouldn't admit them (most notably scheduling complications, private school/public school incompatibility). I hope they all make you smile.

At the end of the day, I hope the Big XII doesn't admit BYU if it means USF gets in!

:2cents:

I have no problem with how BYU chooses to operate, lets get that straight.

What I do have an issue with is the thought process that they shouldn't be held accountable for it.  You are trying to get into a conference where a confirmed 80% of the conference does not follow the same standards you choose to abide by. Don't cry foul now that they're comparing your guidelines to there's in terms of membership. They have set standards and so does BYU. Both should be respected and Big 12 student organizations are making sure that happens. Good for them.

Guest PCBull14
2 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

We're talking about the same Alabama where the National Guard ahd to compel the Governor to move out of the way because he was physically standing in the way and blocking the doors to the University so black students couldn't register? 

Exactly.

Picture

Finally what my original post was in reference to.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

23 minutes ago, MMW said:

As long as you ignore that the entire league was heading for the door.  Heck I think even Aresco might have submitted his resume to be the B12 janitor.

Seriously though, we need to show strength and invite AF, CSU, Boise and Army.

That would be awesome if we could pull it off. What's in it for AF, CSU, Boise, and Army, though? Maybe Aresco could renegotiate the TV deal and make it worth everyone's while.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

36 minutes ago, TherapyBull said:

Can someone tell me why these writers continue to think UCF has an edge over USF?

31 minutes ago, aroth said:

Because they out hit Michigan.

And they're fast ..... really, really fast.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And they're fast ..... really, really fast.

UCFast!!

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, ToroDeFuego said:

Ok, we covered religion, now let's move on to politics. And then whether cats or dogs are the better pet.

Or, which Publix sub is the best?

Although I skip subs and go for the fried chicken