• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

29 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Could it have been just an oversight? Even though it's all rumor, within his world of rumor, UCF has always been mentioned. Like the change.

EDIT: Although Tuxedo Yoda said that a decision has already been made. Somebody's LYING (gasp)!

Looks like someone asked MHVer if that ment UCF was out, and he said Yes according to what he's hearing.  So no oversight.  Still doesn't mean he isn't 100% full of **** as far as a prediction goes. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Not even the presidents know until they all vote. Save yourself some energy and don't pay attention to Twitter or bloggers. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,143
  • Days Won:  39

Hey correct me if I am wrong, because I totally don't pay attention.  I only get triggered when I see UCONN and Cincy on the list.

- BIG-12 hopefuls had a team to go pitch to the commish directly

- BIG-12 presidents vote - Do they get copies or videos of all the pitches or is the commissioner the hype man?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

6 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Hey correct me if I am wrong, because I totally don't pay attention.  I only get triggered when I see UCONN and Cincy on the list.

- BIG-12 hopefuls had a team to go pitch to the commish directly

- BIG-12 presidents vote - Do they get copies or videos of all the pitches or is the commissioner the hype man?

Knowing the Big 12 Bowlsby is probably just going to hype up the schools he liked and the presidents are just going to vote for them.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,143
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, 206BULL said:

Knowing the Big 12 Bowlsby is probably just going to hype up the schools he liked and the presidents are just going to vote for them.

That's what I am getting at.  I wonder where the bias comes in.  Or are we also going back-channel style with some of the other presidents?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

You know I never thought of that. The presentations and he vetting process were with Bowlsby and not all of the presidents. Do they not get to see what the schools had to offer?

As for this being like a business decision or s coaching search.... Bowlsby is making a lot of people spend a lot of money dragging out this process. Who had to pay for the five candidates from each school to fly to Dallas? Who had to pay for all of the "materials" to be created and shipped? This process has dragged out way more than it should've and it's a circus. The Big 12 isn't doing too hot so far this year outside of Texas' big win vs ND. Watch them not expand...

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

2 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

You know I never thought of that. The presentations and he vetting process were with Bowlsby and not all of the presidents. Do they not get to see what the schools had to offer?

As for this being like a business decision or s coaching search.... Bowlsby is making a lot of people spend a lot of money dragging out this process. Who had to pay for the five candidates from each school to fly to Dallas? Who had to pay for all of the "materials" to be created and shipped? This process has dragged out way more than it should've and it's a circus. The Big 12 isn't doing too hot so far this year outside of Texas' big win vs ND. Watch them not expand...

I'm sure Memphis and Boise wish they had the chance to create materials and give presentations...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

8 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

That's what I am getting at.  I wonder where the bias comes in.  Or are we also going back-channel style with some of the other presidents?

There is a committee of several people appointed by the conference.  They listen to the pitches, then report back to the conference presidents.  Using the report of the committee, they decide who to invite and/or who to bring back before the presidents for further vetting and/or more questions, etc.

In all likelihood they recorded all the presentations so that the school presidents or their designees can go back and watch any or all that they wish to.  

It's not like Bowlsby and his security guard watch the presentations and make the decisions.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

45 minutes ago, Bullshiznitz said:

Looks like someone asked MHVer if that ment UCF was out, and he said Yes according to what he's hearing.  So no oversight.  Still doesn't mean he isn't 100% full of **** as far as a prediction goes. 

Au contraire mon frere, now that he's throwing USF out there, he finally knows what he's talking about. He's back on the right track now

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

There is a committee of several people appointed by the conference.  They listen to the pitches, then report back to the conference presidents.  Using the report of the committee, they decide who to invite and/or who to bring back before the presidents for further vetting and/or more questions, etc.

In all likelihood they recorded all the presentations so that the school presidents or their designees can go back and watch any or all that they wish to.  

It's not like Bowlsby and his security guard watch the presentations and make the decisions.

That would be funny lol . I figured it was him vetting out the candidates, making a sparks notes version of the presentation and making his recommendations. At the end of the day he doesn't have a vote, but can make an educated guess.