• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

I'd like to hear a solid rumor, all I hear are journalists trying to get clicks, or get re-tweeted. When you read "I am hearing.....", that means they know nothing, and have no one to quote. I don't even read twitter anymore. 

I see nothing to lead me that expansion is coming, after all, this is a coaches meeting. They don't even have a say in it. If the Presidents  ( and AD's) have a way to make more $, they will expand. Without that incentive, it won't happen IMO. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

27 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

I'd like to hear a solid rumor, all I hear are journalists trying to get clicks, or get re-tweeted. When you read "I am hearing.....", that means they know nothing, and have no one to quote. I don't even read twitter anymore. 

I see nothing to lead me that expansion is coming, after all, this is a coaches meeting. They don't even have a say in it. If the Presidents  ( and AD's) have a way to make more $, they will expand. Without that incentive, it won't happen IMO. 

I agree.  This cloak and dagger stuff is wearing thin.   "I am hearing....." and "It's a lock" are signs of someone talking out of their ass.  

What I have read in one of the papers leads me to believe we are lobbying more discretely that everyone else.  I know Harlan is proactive and aggressive and Judy knows how to hobnob with the best of them and under her watch a lot of good things have happened at USF.

They both know how important this is, believe me.  Some of the faculty live in my neighborhood and have asked Harlan point blank at various functions.  They tell me he is well aware of our situation but coy, even with them.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, footnfan1 said:

I'd like to hear a solid rumor, all I hear are journalists trying to get clicks, or get re-tweeted. When you read "I am hearing.....", that means they know nothing, and have no one to quote.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but many of us that have posted on this thread realized this around page 10 or so.  And outside of Cincinnati, Ohio, Storrs, Connecticut and Provo, Utah, there really aren't any JOURNALISTS deigning to mess with the realignment topic.  It's mostly fly-by-night websites and blogs, and like you said, the Twitter idiots that still have ridiculous amounts of followers even after all this time.  

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

20 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but many of us that have posted on this thread realized this around page 10 or so.  And outside of Cincinnati, Ohio, Storrs, Connecticut and Provo, Utah, there really aren't any JOURNALISTS deigning to mess with the realignment topic.  It's mostly fly-by-night websites and blogs, and like you said, the Twitter idiots that still have ridiculous amounts of followers even after all this time.  

Liar. You're trying to be a jerk.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

17 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I don't try.  It comes naturally.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

Couple of thoughts:

What ever happened to the scenario where they cherry picked from the ACC?  Also, I just don't see us or UCiF going anywhere without the other.  We seem to be a package deal at this point, and probably for some good reasons (TV markets, built in rivalry, travel, etc..) 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

3 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

I'd like to hear a solid rumor,

ox·y·mo·ron
ˌäksəˈmôrˌän/
noun
noun: oxymoron; plural noun: oxymorons
  1. a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g., faith unfaithful kept him falsely true ).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Do. Or do not. There is no try.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Nothing will happen. But in five more years this thread will still be going. 

• Upvote 2