• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Thanks to this thread I started poking around, I wish I had not, this is depressing.  

http://cardiaccoogs.com/2015/07/09/espn-ready-to-support-houston-to-big-12-if-coog-fans-pack-tdecu-in-the-fall/

Just to be clear, both those came from the source ...

Sorry, meaning what, I am not following you.  

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

So wait. The guy from ESPN gave the information out to the Houston blogger so someone else could scoop the company he works for. Makes perfect sense to me.

Bottom line is no one knows crap

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

We should stop hiding behind the "no one knows anything" and related lines.  That doesn't discredit anyone's opinion or observations - beat writers, bloggers or those here included.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

opinion, bloggers

That's enough right there.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

I happened to check wvu boards and they don't want the conference to expand. They don't feel there is any team worth it and would lose the big 12 lots of money

http://westvirginia.forums.rivals.com/threads/the-big-12-still-needs-to-expand.1044/

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Thanks to this thread I started poking around, I wish I had not, this is depressing.  

http://cardiaccoogs.com/2015/07/09/espn-ready-to-support-houston-to-big-12-if-coog-fans-pack-tdecu-in-the-fall/

Just to be clear, both those came from the source ...

Sorry, meaning what, I am not following you.  

It means that even though they are two different websites, both stories are from the same source ... so it's not like they are corroborating each other.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I happened to check wvu boards and they don't want the conference to expand. They don't feel there is any team worth it and would lose the big 12 lots of money

http://westvirginia.forums.rivals.com/threads/the-big-12-still-needs-to-expand.1044/

Fortunately, message board threads don't determine what the university presidents want.  Also, it's already been stated that the Big 12 would make more money because their TV contract has a provision for expansion.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If there were candidates that were sure things to bring in more money for the Big 12 on a per team basis they would already be added to the conference.  NOBODY is an attractive candidate right now.  The only notable thing that was happened was the OU president's comments but nobody can pretend to know his motivations (if they truly are for expansion or were designed to create instability so they could bolt conferences).   The speculation you see by all of these bloggers etc is purely trolling for web hits during a typically dead time of the year for a college football writer/blogger.   

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

If there were candidates that were sure things to bring in more money for the Big 12 on a per team basis they would already be added to the conference. NOBODY is an attractive candidate right now. The only notable thing that was happened was the OU president's comments but nobody can pretend to know his motivations (if they truly are for expansion or were designed to create instability so they could bolt conferences). The speculation you see by all of these bloggers etc is purely trolling for web hits during a typically dead time of the year for a college football writer/blogger.

And the WVU AD is open minded. http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/wvu/2015/07/03/WVU-AD-Shane-Lyons-open-to-Big-12-expansion/stories/201507030179

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

As it has been stated several times. The best thing for us is for expansion to take another 3 years or so.  Likwise, during this time, it would help if we could win a **** conference championship....  and for all the other AAC mentionables to have a 3 year bowl drought.  Please baby Jesus, make that happen.  

Edited by ArmyBull