• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

USF/UCF and they shouldn't think twice.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

It would be sweet to be in a division with UCF and WVU. I would see those games being nicely attended again.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

Would this all be a mude point if ou, tu, ttu, and OSU leave for the pac 12.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

The Big 12 wouldn't be acquiring the last 4 years, they would be acquiring USF's future, which is bright

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

The Big 12 wouldn't be acquiring the last 4 years, they would be acquiring USF's future, which is bright

THANK YOU!!!

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  115

I think UCF/USF Combo makes a hell of a lot more sense than either individually. TV market size, especially if Texas has a big say. Don't forget they have the Longhorn network to grow. Need viewers.

One other factor to consider. There has been a lot of complaining about the travel issues that WVU has dealt with. Adding just UCF or USF without the other creates the same issue.

The smart move, for everyone involved should be to add UCF, Cincy, Memphis and USF.

Creates easy travel games if broken into divisions. Good football and basketball markets, good recruiting and good market sizes.

Just saying UCF deserves it because they have been is really shortsighted. They were at least 2 miracle plays and a non PI call from being a 6 loss team this year. That team loses most of their playmakers this year and their 2 year run of amazing luck isn't going to last forever.

Memphis finally won a conference for first time since 1971. Yeah, they add a lot of football tradition.

Results on the field go up and down. The business side of things is what the powers that be should be looking at. Will they? Who knows.

Kind of like your WR pushing off for that win against SMU. You left out the last second field goal that allow Penn State to win. It's not just wins and losses, it's about leadership, facilities and fan support.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

. Nippert can only hold ~40,000 and they had to exhaust every option of useable space just to do that. 

Didn't hurt TCU. They know not every program can support a 70K OCS. Kansas State's stadium only holds around 50K

Nippert isn't a liability, because UC can always use the Bengals stadium for big games.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204

USF's past tells you what its future can be, just as UCF's present reveals its future as well.  Both schools offer ins into large markets in a state that is soon to pass New York as the third most populous state in the country.  The only other conference that could lay any claim to both Texas and Florida is the SEC - and they took A&M specifically to get into Texas. 

USF and UCF work best as a package.  You need two to have any hope to gain traction in the state.  Adding both grows market penetration while also growing the Big XII brand in the fertile football fields of Florida HS football. 

It need not stop there.  There's no reason not to just go to 14 since all the others outside the PAC-12 have done so.  Cincinnati is another good choice.  Ohio is still a good recruiting ground and Cincy' market bleeds into Kentucky and Indiana.  The real question lies in #14.  Memphis or UConn?  UConn is weaker on football, but, with potential, while bringing high basketball pedigree.  Memphis has been good with basketball and football, is a large market, and helps to further penetrate SEC territory.  I think UConn has the edge due to their men's and women's basketball dominance coupled with their decent run under Edsall.  They grant access to New York and the Northeast, though Memphis gives you access to more fervent football areas.  I'd go for Memphis personally.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

You thought the first time was bad. Just wait friends. This will be 50x worse

USF was left holding bag when BE crumbled. Left behind. But at least there was a glimmer of hope of eventually moving up as there were still more spots to be had.

Now the music is starting again and USF will be without a chair, but unlike last time, this time it will be permanent. Permanently barred from power as all the spots will be taken and USF'S spot permanently sealed.

Get it in your head. It WILL happen.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

So when they go to 14 we aren't getting picked in your beliefs? I love how people talk in absolute certainties when they have no direct knowledge of anything.