• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

B1G would be smart to get Texas and Oklahoma. Have two of the biggest rivalries in CFB in the conference.

And give us a nice smooth entrance into the Big XII ;)

Edited by theman123

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

B1G would be smart to get Texas and Oklahoma. Have two of the biggest rivalries in CFB in the conference.

And give us a nice smooth entrance into the Big XII ;)

Without them the B12 isn't much better than the AAC.  Not to mention that if the B1G goes to 16 with them, the SEC, ACC, and PAC will cannibalize the rest of the palatable teams in the B12

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

From my understanding is that Texas/Texas Tech and Oklahoma/Okla. ST are tied by legislature.  I think Boone Pickens would have something to say about this.  So I do not think it is a real possibility unless of those pairs are a package deal.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I could see the B1G trying to get into Florida.  We aren't AAU yet, so strange as it may seem, the most likely choice for them would probably be Miami.

Go Bulls!

Miami would make a lot of sense for the Big 10. They've cleaned up their academics which weren't all that great in the 80's and 90's to now under Shalala and they're steadily becoming a research powerhouse as well. Miami is by far the best college in Florida academically. The Florida research "big 3" is now UF, USF, and Miami. Now if only USF had some football history, they could be a B1G target as well...

It may disappoint you... but no, they are not. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Florida is in the picture, but I'd still give the nod to Miami.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I could see the B1G trying to get into Florida. We aren't AAU yet, so strange as it may seem, the most likely choice for them would probably be Miami.

Go Bulls!

Miami would make a lot of sense for the Big 10. They've cleaned up their academics which weren't all that great in the 80's and 90's to now under Shalala and they're steadily becoming a research powerhouse as well. Miami is by far the best college in Florida academically. The Florida research "big 3" is now UF, USF, and Miami. Now if only USF had some football history, they could be a B1G target as well...

Just to set the record straight, USF is the best in the state by leaps and bounds.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I could see the B1G trying to get into Florida. We aren't AAU yet, so strange as it may seem, the most likely choice for them would probably be Miami.

Go Bulls!

Just to set the record straight, USF is the best in the state by leaps and bounds.

In my head.. HELL YEAH  :04-rock:

But in reality, of course not.  And neither is UM.

It's on a program by program basis with different FL universities having stronger programs than others.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I could see the B1G trying to get into Florida.  We aren't AAU yet, so strange as it may seem, the most likely choice for them would probably be Miami.

Go Bulls!

Thats pretty subjective.

There are all kind of metrics to base such a claim. Once you agree on metrics, you go from there. Academically, its hard to not say its New College.  87 percent of graduates being accepted into masters and Ph.D programs, 85% into law school, The Wall Street Journal has it as the #2 public feeder school of elite law, medical and business schools.  1/3 of all their science grads since 1967 hold either an M.D.. or Ph.D.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

Go Bulls!

Thats pretty subjective.

There are all kind of metrics to base such a claim. Once you agree on metrics, you go from there. Academically, its hard to not say its New College.  87 percent of graduates being accepted into masters and Ph.D programs, 85% into law school, The Wall Street Journal has it as the #2 public feeder school of elite law, medical and business schools.  1/3 of all their science grads since 1967 hold either an M.D.. or Ph.D.

I was going to say New College, but its a small school that most people never heard of. If it were just the big schools on overall terms of incoming students and their outcomes from those schools(i.e. grad/employment rates), UF is the best college/university in FL. Miami is 2/3 depending on COL.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

New college is the one that doesn't do cap and gown and the students get to make up their own majors???

Edited by Gismo