• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

I wonder if Yoda has some good Athletic Director skills.  USF should hire him!!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Here's the image.

Only problem is that 28 of that 30% roots for the Gators, Noles, or Canes... :(

fivethirtyeight-0919-geocolfootball-topT

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,777
  • Days Won:  3

Wow, that's a heckuva graphic

NameIt.jpg

Heckuva graphic indeed.

Unfortunately, it completely left out the nightly DB backup job, the print job for Mitch's report (he's irate if it's not on the phone by 09:00), the error-reconciliation jobs that used to hang off of the Stadium Revenue application. We can't turn this in. Send it back to Nick and have him add these jobs. Also, where's the uniform color rejection application and the OCS reconciliation app? The implementation group is going to ask about these even though the topic is realignment. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705

Here's the image.

fivethirtyeight-0919-geocolfootball-topT

Shhhh let him spin away!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

That will change over time. The more alumni that graduate from USF (many are likely to stay in Tampa as opposed to graduates from UF and FSU staying in their respective cities), the more we take of the Tampa market. We win games, we get into the Big12 and become semi-successful...its a wrap.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Wow, that's a heckuva graphic

NameIt.jpg

Heckuva graphic indeed.

Unfortunately, it completely left out the nightly DB backup job, the print job for Mitch's report (he's irate if it's not on the phone by 09:00), the error-reconciliation jobs that used to hang off of the Stadium Revenue application. We can't turn this in. Send it back to Nick and have him add these jobs. Also, where's the uniform color rejection application and the OCS reconciliation app? The implementation group is going to ask about these even though the topic is realignment. 

Wow, that takes me back.

Ever change a 3420?

nhp71A.jpg

Or a 3350?

farm.gif

:D

Edited by charsibb

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,777

I am an old mainframe guy, but I used to just call operations and tell them what tape I wanted mounted. 

Much better now, though.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Here's the image.

I know you're exaggerating, but the point is valid.  USF doesn't own the market, but adding USF isn't a sign sealed delivered home run.  On the other hand, the school has the potential to be a giant.  Adding USF is an investment in the future (so long as USF holds up their end of the bargain).  Although we weren't world beaters in the Big East, we had flashes.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  If USF is on the level, has the revenue for all the upgrades to keep up with the joneses (FSU and Miami), and a schedule to keep fans interested there is a major growth potential .  We've got awesome fan support for where we are as a program.  Unfortunately at best I see a small rise followed by a plateau in the AAC.  More realistically I think the fan interest will be a short plateau followed by a steep decline. 

We just need a life line.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

FSU is not making enough cash in the ACC as it is/was. With the incoming teams, I think the pie can only be smaller. Also, all that money for the Big 12 (with 10 teams) is not going to hold up: they are not that strong to be producing that much money and somebody will gripe (sponsors & TV).

So... Give it one more season or two and things are going to shake and bake.

1) We need to perform well for the next few years. Gotta get the crowd numbers up.

2) Somebody's going to rattle and shake. When it's all about money, it's going to happen. 100% certain.

3) USF needs to be poised for that time. We cannot be the flag bearer & face for the AAC.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Here's the image.

I know you're exaggerating, but the point is valid.  USF doesn't own the market, but adding USF isn't a sign sealed delivered home run.  On the other hand, the school has the potential to be a giant.  Adding USF is an investment in the future (so long as USF holds up their end of the bargain).  Although we weren't world beaters in the Big East, we had flashes.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  If USF is on the level, has the revenue for all the upgrades to keep up with the joneses (FSU and Miami), and a schedule to keep fans interested there is a major growth potential .  We've got awesome fan support for where we are as a program.  Unfortunately at best I see a small rise followed by a plateau in the AAC.  More realistically I think the fan interest will be a short plateau followed by a steep decline. 

We just need a life line.

Good post. I'm with ya.