• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

They are looking at American Athletic Conference (AAC or Double A C) also, and if you believe some, this name is in the lead.

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

The "A Met" for short?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

It's all (invenerial) to me..

note (invenerial) created by a public servant in the Pan Handle of Florida.

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

This has been referred to take place prior to the emergence of the "super conference". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_Conference 

The name fits to how majority of the teams in our current conference are in metropolitan cities. (minus-Tulsa, Uconn, ECU, Navy). With that said, we need a conference name that is in unison to what each team is based in/on and something that can be built towards a power house (wishful thinking). Having the "America" in the title, in my opinion, shouldn't be in play at all. It would make sense if Boise St and SDS were still  members based on having a coast to coast presence, but that isn't happening as we all now. I may not have the best suggestion for the "renamed big east conference", but I want to be as much in as I am with USF with our new conference in addition to the name. Some might say "Shouldn't matter what the name is, it's what you do as schools/teams that should make it what it is". Yes/No. Yes the schools/teams will need to proof them selves as contenders amongst the other conferences and win National championships.  And No, we dont need just a generic name. Having a number in the conference is asinine as well (Big Ten with 12 teams, Big Twelve with 10 teams). We could go F.A.C (Freedom American Conference), AMC, Big American Conference, Left Over Conference, ect. But that wouldn't work for what we have are site on. I hope Miket Aresco has his eyes set on a winning name, not what his wife thinks would sound right.

Go Bulls. c/o 2011 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

It's been straight up retarded for a long time now.

I don't give a ****, all I want to see is, "Who are we playing this week? Let's ******* win!"

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

I think I'm gonna go the 'wake me when it's over route'. This is way too complex for my little noodle. If this, then that, assuming x...unless y, whereas z...etc. I'll just hang out over in CTBA/American Metro and think in terms of the Liberty Bowl, I'll let y'all move the hypothetical pieces all around the board.

+1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

ESPN has no say in B1G and in 2016 when new contract is up for them. Fox or NBC (also why they did not want to spend fortune on NBE) will end up with their Tier 1 and Fox will be producing their Tier 2 and 3.

B1G will more than likely be 16 or 20. B1G and SEC (CBS Tier 1) will be selling their network Tier 2&3 and need populations to subscribe to unlike Big 12 and PAC 12 who sell their rights for Fox to broadcast them all.

If they don't break the ACC by June 2013 for 2014 season, then Big 12 is next and possibly SEC. I could see Mizzou and Kansas in B1G, then it's up to Texas (issue being LHN/ESPN),, join as an Indy like ND in ACC or join B1G with ND and BC (hockey inventory and Boston market) along with someone else (possibly Oklahoma?). SEC then replaces Mizzou with 1 (WVU) or goes to 16 with 3 (WVU, OU, OSU)

Conf Expansion has a lot to do with SEC, B1G network expansion and the Fact FOX is giving the proverbial Finger to ESPN and telling them to buckle up.

Also if you take in B1G/PAC 12 allegience (Rose Bowl) their could be a 32 team "league".

That's kinda what I'm saying. IF the B1G were to grow that strong, and with their own contract ending in 2016, would ESPN try the same tactics it did with the Big East and buy their negotiating power?

Can ESPN afford to let the B1G/PAC 12 allegiance/conference/league become a SUPER CONFERENCE with their own divisions? Where they could create their own championship.

Would that scenario end BCS?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788

I agree with ditching both the "American" and numeric monikers. The conference, in its projected final configuration does not warrant any sort of geographic adjective.

Philly to Florida, North Carolina to Oklahoma. According the highly scientific GoogleMaps, if one were to hit the road in scenic Storrs, Connecticut - intent upon visiting each member of the conference  just to check out the campus - swinging down the eastern seaboard, then heading west to N'awlins and Houston, making a hard right north through Dallas and Tulsa and swing east again to Memphis before making a left to come to an abrupt stop at Clifton Avenue in Cincinnati, you could rack up 3,814 miles and do it in about 58 hours driving time.

'course, if you wanted to get back to Storrs, it'd run you about 4,608 miles and tack on an additional twelve hours. Just imagine what that drive would have been like had we stuck with Idaho and Southern California! That's a big ass chunk of the country, but I don't think they want the word 'ass' in the conference name, although 'Big' might have some merit. Not sure. Just sayin'.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=210851082915137832442.0004d975a24da8abe75a3&msa=0

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433

American Athletic Conference is new name for former Big East, sources told @ESPN