• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2009 "Problems"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,048
  • Days Won:  38

5 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

We are USF.  We don't need any stupid flamingos!  We stole that from Auburn.  That's stupid.

Admittedly, this is still a critical problem that we haven't resolved.  The flamingo people I mean.

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

18 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Just reading all the current threads and thinking about how crappy this football program has become.  Every time I think we're at "rock bottom," we seem to find a new way to go even lower.  So I thought of how sunny and rosy everything was in from 2007-2010 compared to today.  I thought about the Bulls Pen, and how even back then when we were in a power conference, nationally relevant, a giant killer, had fans in the stands, WE STILL FOUND STUFF TO ***** ABOUT.  

Here are some of the gems I remember...these are "2009 problems"

1. Too many students are showing up at the games not wearing green.  Some are wearing white and some are wearing gold.  We need to all wear green!  What's wrong with these idiots?
  2. Don't people know they need to shut the hell up when we have the ball?  I swear.  We look like idiots with a full stadium and people doing the freaking wave when we're on offense.
  3. We are USF.  We don't need any stupid flamingos!  We stole that from Auburn.  That's stupid.
  4. Man, that sucks...we are the Big East game of the week again and have to have a noon kickoff.  I hope people show up to see us play Pitt.
  5. This conference sucks.  We should have cool rivals like Auburn and Georgia...not this WVU, Louisville, and Pitt crap.  We deserve so much better.
  6. I bet we get screwed in the rankings tomorrow.  We get no respect because we are in the Big Least.  
  7. That McDonalds "1st down - I'm lovin' it!" thing on the jumbotron is really stupid.  We need something better.
  8. I hope they don't taze us if we get a chance to rush the field this year.  "Don't taze me, bro!"
  9. We want to root for other fellow conference mates to win, too, this will help our SOS and our rankings.  I hope WVU can beat ND, cause then if we beat them...blah blah blah.
  10. Sure, it was a dominating win and a great crowd, but why do we have to play with that stupid unpainted white Bucs surrender flag at mid field.  Why can't they paint the field for us?

These are just a few that come to mind without looking.

Wow.  The good old days, right?

To have such problems again…we should have added one more- why haven’t we started an on campus fund? 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

My favorite gripe from back then, and a bit earlier, was CJL plateauing. Man, I'd love to be at a 8 or 9 win per year plateau right now.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

3 minutes ago, widerberg said:

My favorite gripe from back then, and a bit earlier, was CJL plateauing. Man, I'd love to be at a 8 or 9 win per year plateau right now.

I am guilty of being extremely disappointed in him after the Rutgers shutout loss in 2009.  Yes, the loss in 2007 was devastating, but the 2009 one had me kind of mad at CJL.  Now, given what has transpired since then, I feel like a spoiled brat for even thinking that.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,048
  • Days Won:  38

34 minutes ago, widerberg said:

We were Vandy and didn't even know it.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I vaguely remember most but somehow missed No. 5 which is the most asinine on the list.  It reminds me of someone on here from Ohio or Michigan who was talking about how everyone was "beside themselves" with excitement over an up and coming matchup between Ohio St. and Michigan who were No. 1 and No. 2 in the nation. He did not understand how like a 10 year old program could not replicate the success and excitement that  2 teams over 100 years old had. Besides that, I would never apologize for not being "beside myself" over a ballgame. 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Days Won:  3

As someone who became a USF student in 2009. It's crazy to have experienced this downfall and what has happened to the entire program. From standing room only in the largest student section in the Big East, to an empty shell of a stadium. It has been unbelievable. 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Days Won:  3

Also, it's funny how for Skip Holtz's last game Judy Genshaft was quoted saying how the lack of crowd was really saddening and therefore they had to let him go. And there was 35,000 fans in attendance, that's how much the fanbase was still attached to the program even then. We would kill for that kind of attendance right now. Good example of the fluid standards we've experienced.