• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2009 "Problems"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

34 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

One of my biggest gripes, which I expressed to Woolard in an email in 2012 when it was clear Skip had to go... was that Leavitt's pool of $$ for assistant coaches was awful. Skip got like double what Leavitt had and promptly went out and gave all of his buddies 50% raises to come with him. Yes, Leavitt worked wonders getting assistant coaches for peanuts compared to what they could get at another BCS school.

USF football was CJL's baby, and he would've done anything for it.  I can remember hearing the news of his firing and then turning on the TV and seeing CJL that day taking questions at an attorneys office.  Reporters were asking him what he was suing for (damages, etc.), and his response was basically that he just wanted to be reinstated as the head coach of USF.  He kept bringing up players' names who he had close relationships with, etc.  And it hit me, this guy actually thinks he can somehow legally get the decision to fire him overturned.  He's not done with his mission.  He just wants to be the HC of USF football.  He wasn't thinking about compensation for damages.  It was sad to watch because I knew that there was a 0% chance of him getting what he wanted.  Sad.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,023
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, ZeroBullChip said:

Where was this discussion a year and a half ago?

It occurred, including an update from CJL passed to me by a mutual acquaintance.  He was hoping to be considered in the search.  I thought Kelly would at least consider as he at least had displayed the ability to say his name. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,048
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, Brad said:

It occurred, including an update from CJL passed to me by a mutual acquaintance.  He was hoping to be considered in the search.  I thought Kelly would at least consider as he at least had displayed the ability to say his name. 

It would have been nice.  Actually now that I think about it, it would would have been a cost-free way of mending some fences.  

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

This is all the Judy's fault.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,048
  • Days Won:  38

58 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

This is all the Judy's fault.

THE University of Judy