• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2009 "Problems"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,053
  • Days Won:  38

4 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Also, it's funny how for Skip Holtz's last game Judy Genshaft was quoted saying how the lack of crowd was really saddening and therefore they had to let him go.

I still have a video of him running into the tunnel getting booed off the field.  Ah nostalgia...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,024
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Just reading all the current threads and thinking about how crappy this football program has become.  Every time I think we're at "rock bottom," we seem to find a new way to go even lower.  So I thought of how sunny and rosy everything was in from 2007-2010 compared to today.  I thought about the Bulls Pen, and how even back then when we were in a power conference, nationally relevant, a giant killer, had fans in the stands, WE STILL FOUND STUFF TO ***** ABOUT.  

Here are some of the gems I remember...these are "2009 problems"

1. Too many students are showing up at the games not wearing green.  Some are wearing white and some are wearing gold.  We need to all wear green!  What's wrong with these idiots?
  2. Don't people know they need to shut the hell up when we have the ball?  I swear.  We look like idiots with a full stadium and people doing the freaking wave when we're on offense.
  3. We are USF.  We don't need any stupid flamingos!  We stole that from Auburn.  That's stupid.
  4. Man, that sucks...we are the Big East game of the week again and have to have a noon kickoff.  I hope people show up to see us play Pitt.
  5. This conference sucks.  We should have cool rivals like Auburn and Georgia...not this WVU, Louisville, and Pitt crap.  We deserve so much better.
  6. I bet we get screwed in the rankings tomorrow.  We get no respect because we are in the Big Least.  
  7. That McDonalds "1st down - I'm lovin' it!" thing on the jumbotron is really stupid.  We need something better.
  8. I hope they don't taze us if we get a chance to rush the field this year.  "Don't taze me, bro!"
  9. We want to root for other fellow conference mates to win, too, this will help our SOS and our rankings.  I hope WVU can beat ND, cause then if we beat them...blah blah blah.
  10. Sure, it was a dominating win and a great crowd, but why do we have to play with that stupid unpainted white Bucs surrender flag at mid field.  Why can't they paint the field for us?

These are just a few that come to mind without looking.

Wow.  The good old days, right?

P5 World Problems.  

Really like #4

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, widerberg said:

My favorite gripe from back then, and a bit earlier, was CJL plateauing. Man, I'd love to be at a 8 or 9 win per year plateau right now.

I would sell my soul 

comedy central animation GIF

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,472
  • Days Won:  25

in 2009 my biggest problem was at the Thursday night games, asking can this game end sooner so I can go to Tia Tias or Bullsrun for nickel drafts?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

those were the days my friends

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, smazza said:

those were the days my friends

... Says the president of the Jim Leavitt Hater Fan Club...

2009 was such a bad situation. I really think that was going to be Leavitt's best team until Grothe went down. BJD wasn't ready to lead the team. Secondary was weaker than 2007, but if we had consistently been playing with the lead and letting JPP and Selvie pin their ears back and attack QBs... 

Yes, the old "problems" we're ridiculous compared to where we are now. I think some of us recognized how special things were, probably not fully, but I remember standing in the stadium for WVU in 2007 with a tear in my eye about how far we had come and how amazing it was to have a full stadium, louder than it had been in Auburn just a few weeks before, seconds before silence ensued as Hester scored the winning TD in overtime. 

Those were indeed the days and I fear that we'll never see that kind of excitement around this program again because the administration was more greedy than us dumb fans. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,492
  • Days Won:  0

I remember some of those complaints from back in the day.  Ignorance is bliss.  Just proves that we can find anything to complain about.  I'm glad I was there and was able to enjoy the ride while it lasted.   Only way we see anything close to that again is in an OCS as a P5 member.  

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Orlando Bull said:

... Says the president of the Jim Leavitt Hater Fan Club...

I take no issue with anything you said,  just wanted to share one man's opinion on the subject.  I tend to save my vitriol for those who pounded the drum almost daily for Leavitt's dismissal and yet curiously have been absent from the board for years.  Most seemed to drop off during the period from Skip's bitter end through Taggart's early struggles.  Many have never darkened our door again. Steve has been here the whole time. 

On those disappearing, while I never considered such a thing at the time, I have to wonder if all of them were actually real USF fans.  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,053
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, Mission9 said:

On those disappearing, while I never considered such a thing at the time, I have to wonder if all of them were actually real USF fans.  

There was a lot of "seeing what the hype is about" which is normal.  The key is to convert them into believers.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,024
  • Days Won:  469

There were several that were just as ardent USF fans as those remaining here are.  Problem is, they ended up on the wrong side of history.  They demanded Leavitt be gone because he could only win 8-9 a year.  He didn't win us a national championship, and hell, "10 years is enough for a new program to reach the pinnacle!!!!   Get someone else in there!"

Those embarrassed morons skulked away rather than stand by and watch the program descend to previously unthought of depths.  I imagine some have re-invented themselves in order to be fans from time to time, but I bet the vast majority have just disconnected in order to separate themselves from the hell those like them created.

• Upvote 2