• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some fans yelling at players

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

33 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Yep. A 99 yard drive allowed isn't on the OC.

No, but 7 points in the 2nd half could be and 14 of those 31  were from ST and the defense

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

I can promise you I did not and would not boo the players.  But after the huge emotional letdown of leading all game while worrying about how USF would figure out how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory AND watching it happen in such a spectacular fashion, I may have booed the “outcome.”   It was a bad movie I’ve seen too many times.  We were upset and disgusted, and my heart goes out to those players who can’t get a win.  I guess (if) I yelled “boo” it was directed at the organization.  Never a student athlete.  It’s an emotional game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

From where I sit, I only could faintly hear disparaging comments being directed at Scott.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,712
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

No, but 7 points in the 2nd half could be and 14 of those 31  were from ST and the defense

No question we didn't play well offensively but wouldn't put it on the 2 wildcat calls for Mangham who was close to leading the nation in TDs.  That 80 yd TD drive everything looked fine. Same OC there unless he was on a coffee break.

55 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

That 80 yd TD drive everything looked fine. Same OC there unless he was on a coffee break.

Come on man.   I could easily say the defense looked fine when it was forcing 3 turnovers and holding them to 1 TD in the first 29 minutes of the game.   Same DC

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,712
  • Days Won:  109

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Come on man.   I could easily say the defense looked fine when it was forcing 3 turnovers and holding them to 1 TD in the first 29 minutes of the game.   Same DC

Just saying it isn't necessarily the play calling.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,890
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I can promise you I did not and would not boo the players.  But after the huge emotional letdown of leading all game while worrying about how USF would figure out how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory AND watching it happen in such a spectacular fashion, I may have booed the “outcome.”   It was a bad movie I’ve seen too many times.  We were upset and disgusted, and my heart goes out to those players who can’t get a win.  I guess (if) I yelled “boo” it was directed at the organization.  Never a student athlete.  It’s an emotional game.

Don’t let anyone here shame you for booing or being disappointed once again.  If you want to boo then do it, if you want to shout encouraging words to them then do it, jeez it is a game played among men watched by men so not sure why we have so many women opining on this issue.  

• Downvote 2
  • ???? 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Mission9 said:

From where I sit, I only could faintly hear disparaging comments being directed at Scott.

Someone up in a box...east side corner area was really yelling at Scott on the final drive before halftime when we were chewing up the clock taking are little lead into the locker rooms. 

I think most peoples frustrations aren't the players...but the coaching staff. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,890
  • Days Won:  67

33 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Someone up in a box...east side corner area was really yelling at Scott on the final drive before halftime when we were chewing up the clock taking are little lead into the locker rooms. 

I think most peoples frustrations aren't the players...but the coaching staff. 

Yes, of course we are unhappy with the coaches.  These players did not quit and most of them play up to their talent level which is way higher then I could ever play.  Yes Jimmy Horns fumble was brutal but he is a true freshman, Curry’s penalty was abysmal as well, the men are only as good as their leader.  I had no problem with taking a knee at the end of the half, it was the right play but overall our coaching sucked, we had better athletes yesterday. 

6 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Yes, of course we are unhappy with the coaches.  These players did not quit and most of them play up to their talent level which is way higher then I could ever play.  Yes Jimmy Horns fumble was brutal but he is a true freshman, Curry’s penalty was abysmal as well, the men are only as good as their leader.  I had no problem with taking a knee at the end of the half, it was the right play but overall our coaching sucked, we had better athletes yesterday. 

This is correct.  there was not a large difference in athletes on those teams and tulsa did not look 40 spots better than us per rankings.   We are poorly coached/prepared for whatever reason.   We can only hope that all of this frustration leads to success in the future