• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Scott Press Conference (Tulsa)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

Back in topic coach  Scott is taking a sinking ship and running it closer to the sea floor. We need a fbs win to turn the losing culture around.  FCS wins mean nothing.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Back in topic coach  Scott is taking a sinking ship and running it closer to the sea floor. We need a fbs win to turn the losing culture around.  FCS wins mean nothing.

I know the next game is always the most important game, but I think this game is coach Scott's most important game in his head coaching career to date.  Fans gave him a pass for the 2020 season, and for the early part of this season.  He basically had a pass for NCState (who turned out to be better than everyone thought they were), UF (who we played better than expected), BYU (where we played better than expected).  Before the season started, SMU was supposed to be THE GAME where we'd evaluate how good we were, but then he got a pass because SMU was 4-0 and would eventually end up being ranked in the top 25.

So there's the pass for no FBS wins in 2020, and now there's a pass for not winning the first 4 FBS games this year because they're all top 25 teams...there is absolutely NO WAY to put a positive spin on a loss to Tulsa this upcoming Saturday.  No excuses.  This game is huge.  I think if we win this one, we have 3 more wins on the schedule.  If we lose this one, it's gonna be really hard for the team (and the fans) to keep believing.  If we lose lopsidedly (failure to even beat the 8.5 point spread), I don't think there will be another win this season.

I really really really really need this to be a win.  Please!

Go Bulls! 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,554
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I think the ship sunk with Charlie Strong, and Scott is trying to dredge it up from the bottom of the ocean.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

I think the ship sunk with Charlie Strong, and Scott is trying to dredge it up from the bottom of the ocean.

We won games with strong and started going down but we are non an 0pher against fbs teams.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,554
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, Outlaw said:

We won games with strong and started going down but we are non an 0pher against fbs teams.

We are only have way through with this season. We will see where we land after 12 games.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

Just now, Peatearpan said:

We are only have way through with this season. We will see where we land after 12 games.

I Hope Please GIF

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

49 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

It’s like raising the Titanic 😀

3357EDE7-C2B2-4DA4-9657-5CEADDBBA2D5.jpeg

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, chapelbull said:

I know we are off topic, but no it wasn't

15 of the 22 (68%) starters were Dungy carryovers, I guess we would have to agree to disagree. Especially since the defense had 9 of the 11 starters from the Dungy team and they were the main reason they won.

Edited by michibull