• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jose Fernandez calling out USF “fans”…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

41 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Please see Trip's response.

Saw it and not impressed, he may have more than one screw loose. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Let's analyze some of what Jose said, to see if he knows what he's talking about.

Bulls Nation: 4-24,14-13,7-20 My first three seasons. NIT,NIT,NCAA tourn Next 3 seasons.Patience. Relax. Look at us now.Success doesn’t happen overnight. It takes Recruiting,Player Development,and Changing the Culture

Support these student athletes and coaches.

First, what the women's basketball program has done is completely irrelevant.  Has no bearing on football, so not sure why he is equating the two.

Second, I see he is preaching patience.  Does he think we haven't had patience.  I personally have had over a decade of patience.  What has that patience gotten me.  Let's see, a demotion from a power conference (Big East), zero conference championships ever, missing out on conference realignment for a second time, and multiple losing seasons outside of 2 or 3 years under Tags.

Is he saying we should be patient forever??  At some point patience in being a USF football fan wears out after essentially more than a decade of losing football under multiple coaches. 

As far as recruiting, Scott has proven to be nothing special.  His classes are below average, and he failed to bring in enough talent to shore up a terrible team from last year.  He can make all the excuses he want, but the fact remains, he did not bring in enough difference makers.  Fact. 

Jose then went on to make a bunch of other nonsense posts that I won't get into.  Jose needs to keep his mouth shut.

Edited by BullsFanInTX
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

30 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

As far as recruiting, Scott has proven to be nothing special.  His classes are below average, and he failed to bring in enough talent to shore up a terrible team from last year.  He can make all the excuses he want, but the fact remains, he did not bring in enough difference makers.  Fact. 

That's my biggest concern about Scott as a coach. He did try to bring in a few west coast d lineman that flaked out and nothing else was brought in.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Let's analyze some of what Jose said, to see if he knows what he's talking about.

Bulls Nation: 4-24,14-13,7-20 My first three seasons. NIT,NIT,NCAA tourn Next 3 seasons.Patience. Relax. Look at us now.Success doesn’t happen overnight. It takes Recruiting,Player Development,and Changing the Culture

First, what the women's basketball program has done is completely irrelevant.  Has no bearing on football, so not sure why he is equating the two.

Second, I see he is preaching patience.  Does he think we haven't had patience.  I personally have had over a decade of patience.  What has that patience gotten me.  Let's see, a demotion from a power conference (Big East), zero conference championships ever, missing out on conference realignment for a second time, and multiple losing seasons outside of 2 or 3 years under Tags.

Is he saying we should be patient forever??  At some point patience in being a USF football fan wears out after essentially more than a decade of losing football under multiple coaches. 

Jose then went on to make a bunch of other nonsense posts that I won't get into.  Jose needs to keep his mouth shut.

This thread is really tough to comprehend for me. I think the word is "analogy". Sure basketball and football are different. But believe the point is that after 3 rough years things can turn around. Will they in this case? Who knows.  We're only a year and half into this. Offense is looking better than I would have expected and hopefully we get enough portal kids on the defensive side of the ball to make a difference next year. Thought I heard some talking heads dissing Dabo for NOT getting transfer kids. Our guy is going the transfer route.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

Good points. In fact, I've already to started to somewhat filter my whining about the whiners ....... but also realize that if they really were fervent Bulls fans, they wouldn't be dropping off from anywhere until a lot further along in the attempt to rebuild the program.

What if the whiners drive away fans that don't whine, and those fans cease to be Bulls fans anymore because they can't stand the whining?  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

Just now, Who'sYourData? said:

What if the whiners drive away fans that don't whine, and those fans cease to be Bulls fans anymore because they can't stand the whining?  

USiF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

If this is what you believe, then rational thought is irrelevant to you.

• Like 1

I want to know why no one on this thread applied for the Head Coaching job.  Surely, so many people on here no so much more about college coaching than Coach Fernandez and Coach Scott, they would have been hired in a second and we would be undefeated and invited to the SEC already.  I am really disappointed that none of those complaining here actually applied to coach their favorite school.  So much coaching genius wasted.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Good point…Which I know has happened.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I want to know why no one on this thread applied for the Head Coaching job.  Surely, so many people on here no so much more about college coaching than Coach Fernandez and Coach Scott, they would have been hired in a second and we would be undefeated and invited to the SEC already.  I am really disappointed that none of those complaining here actually applied to coach their favorite school.  So much coaching genius wasted.

Good point... That and i have won at least four or five national championships with USF on playstation i could add to my resume. 

• Upvote 1