• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls ranked #2 in fewest penalties

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Thinking that a coach actually thinks or believes that is the nonsense take. It's all part of the process of eliminating mistakes. Stick to slamming CJS's W/L record, it's the only place you don't sound completely ridiculous ....

I didn’t say he necessarily feels that way my entire take is that being in the top 5 in least penalized isn’t necessary a good thing and a step towards winning, as if that shouldn’t have been obvious enough by our presence on the list Navy was also there to drive the point home. Penalties aren’t always a mistake and eliminating them can be inherently bad, that’s it that’s the whole take. Other people have articles on it, everyone but you that was anti penalty and is now pretending my take was actually what they meant by their take and they just meant offensive penalties were bad but sure I’m losing on this one bud.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I didn’t say he necessarily feels that way my entire take is that being in the top 5 in least penalized isn’t necessary a good thing and a step towards winning

So you've never taken shots at CJS about anything he's said about penalties ...

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Penalties aren’t always a mistake and eliminating them can be inherently bad, that’s it that’s the whole take.

This is boiling down to the culture ********. There are so many nuances/variables in this, it's a joke .... sure, penalties aren't ALWAYS a mistake. DB gets burnt and his only option to save a td is to tackle the wr before the ball gets there. If a coach tells a db to never, under ANY circumstances, commit PI, that would be inherently bad ........ and on and on and on.

23 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Other people have articles on it, everyone but you that was anti penalty and is now pretending my take was actually what they meant by their take and they just meant offensive penalties were bad but sure I’m losing on this one bud.

I have no what you're talking about there in regards to me ....

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

So you've never taken shots at CJS about anything he's said about penalties ...

This is boiling down to the culture ********. There are so many nuances/variables in this, it's a joke .... sure, penalties aren't ALWAYS a mistake. DB gets burnt and his only option to save a td is to tackle the wr before the ball gets there. If a coach tells a db to never, under ANY circumstances, commit PI, that would be inherently bad ........ and on and on and on.

I have no what you're talking about there in regards to me ....

I take shots at CJS about pretty much every topic which should be expected for a coach stuck in perpetual loss mode but has a never ending sea of white knights trying to spin every failure as some greater success that can only be seen while wearing the magic blindfolds. So yes if he mentioned penalties as a lead in after a loss I probably commented on having bigger fish to fry and if anyone has brought it up as a success I’ve correctly pointed out that it had nothing to do with winning.

That you can come up with one example is all the proof you need that penalties aren’t always mistakes but the list is actually endless. The line between great defense or great line play and a penalty is often times subjective and if you keep it close enough to the line more times than not the reward will outweigh the risk because refs aren’t going to call a penalty on every single play.

That’s fine we can skip that part but it was simply pointing out that most people claiming to disagree with me now are saying the exact same thing as me but somehow trying to pretend that it’s different. The broad claim was reduced penalties are a good thing that would lead to winning, the broad response was that’s not necessarily true. The new claim is well false starts are bad, well that’s true…

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

BBB,

You are wrong on this one. Penalties are not necessarily bad or mistakes. Certain penalties are, i.e. false start. 

I would love this team to be close enough on defense to get a roughing the passer or a pass interference, but alas the QB has all day and the WRs are running free.  

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

10 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

BBB,

You are wrong on this one. Penalties are not necessarily bad or mistakes. Certain penalties are, i.e. false start.

Never said they ALL were, specifically mentioning some PI's ..... but there are penalties that are mistakes, like you mentioned, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with a coach saying he wants to work on, not solely focusing on, eliminating penalties. It's why they bring in referees to work practices. This all started with puc using this penalty nonsense as another way to **** on CJS and, per usual, as morphed into much more.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

One thing I have really noticed this year is that our DBs are rarely interfering with any passes.

12 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

One thing I have really noticed this year is that our DBs are rarely interfering with any passes.

Such discipline!!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

31 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

It's neat they don't even look for the pass.