• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Non-Doom and Gloom Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, Skingraft said:

We are sooooo young but if you watch how we respond and don't quit, I see a bright future.... Remember UCF was 0-12....

We have lost to a team that beat Clemson, Florida, and probably BYU's best team in years.... 

I'm not expecting a win... I'm watching coaching and if the team quits.... 

I like what I see

I applaud your efforts but this board hates any type of positivity or positive posts. Its best we just let them be miserable fans until we start winning again. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Days Won:  2

I was impressed that the team didn't give up when it got ugly, that would have been so easy to do.  I feel better about our offense.  D is a lot further behind.  I was surprised that we only had 16 players available and would like to know the story.  We still have a lot of work to do, but i feel like we turned the corner tonight.  

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

I guess if this is the positive thread, I like that the team kept fighting and didn't quit. It could have been 50-3 blowout type game, but they turned it into a one score game. That was promising. 

I'm still not sold that McClain is even a good college QB, but for a freshman he showed some grit going on the road to play in Utah. He also protected the ball well. 

• Downvote 1
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201

4 minutes ago, tau.reanb said:

I guess if this is the positive thread, I like that the team kept fighting and didn't quit. It could have been 50-3 blowout type game, but they turned it into a one score game. That was promising. 

I'm still not sold that McClain is even a good college QB, but for a freshman he showed some grit going on the road to play in Utah. He also protected the ball well. 

He is just a freshmen he will get better. He hasn't had any interceptions since game 1 which is pretty impressive. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

15 minutes ago, tau.reanb said:

I'm curious, what more would you want from him? He literally put the team on his back and willed us back to life. He rarely put the ball in danger and he threw some amazing passes. I haven't felt that confident in a QB's ability to make a play since the great Quinton Flowers was under center. 17-24 with 186 passing with some solid run plays in there to keep the drives alive.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

Our offensive playmakers are starting to gel... and nearly all of them return next year.  Both are positive signs.

I think McClain as an 18-year-old may be better than Flowers, Daniels, and Grothe as TRUE freshmen.  He learned quickly from two mistakes against NC State.... was 17 of 24 for 186 yards with no turnovers against BYU.

The OL finally looked somewhat sharp, especially on the five LONG scoring drives... 93 yards with two 4-th down conversions!!

I think this offense is getting to the point where it can score against ALL of our remaining opponents.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

40 minutes ago, Cornada said:

I was impressed that the team didn't give up when it got ugly, that would have been so easy to do.  I feel better about our offense.  D is a lot further behind.  I was surprised that we only had 16 players available and would like to know the story.  We still have a lot of work to do, but i feel like we turned the corner tonight.  

Just a guess on my part.  We're down 3 or 4 DBs to start with and Covid for some others on D?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201

Only decent defense left is Cincy the rest are a huge step down from what we have played.

Offense is starting to click...Gregory had some nice catches also...should be getting Miller back in the offense as well.

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Each week of 2021 has been a better week than the prior. Need to WIN!

Go BULLS !!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1