• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Poll: Do you believe CJS will be a successful coach at USF?

Do you believe CJS will be a successful coach at USF?  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

And once again the "winning wins winning winning wins winning" faction points to the simplest of things employed by coaches that lead a culture of accountability.  

You're losing puc, this does not look good on you.  

But what if my wins simply can’t be actualized for three years and I’m just setting the culture for them at the moment? What if this is a dumb thing to focus on is something he has actually changed that will pay off dividends, since I have already expressed my feelings on penalties which is a data driven take? 

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I was referring to the TBP room in regards to CJS..... but you knew that.

Got it so in here with regards to only CJS the majority of people here think that his accent is not a negative even though in their actual lives they would not hire a person with the same affliction at the same rate as someone without it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

But what if my wins simply can’t be actualized for three years and I’m just setting the culture for them at the moment? What if this is a dumb thing to focus on is something he has actually changed that will pay off dividends, since I have already expressed my feelings on penalties which is a data driven take? 

You're babbling ....

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Got it so in here with regards to only CJS the majority of people here think that his accent is not a negative even though in their actual lives they would not hire a person with the same affliction at the same rate as someone without it.

Nobody has an actual life outside of here ...

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You're babbling ....

It’s kind of hard to have a none babbling conversation when the one side says I think winning is good and the ultimate sign of an improvement in a culture and the other side has the opinion that nothing objective matters and as long as they like a coach and he says he is improving the culture well then nothing else actually matters and at some undetermined time in the future it will eventually lead to us maybe being able to get to .500 as long as he has recruited every single player on the team. CJS has been here almost two years, the recruiting rankings do not seem to be improving, he has yet to have a single FBS victory and the situation he is in just got much harder than it was when he arrived. Culture is a nice pleasantry reserved for winners and at some point you are what your record says you are and that determines if you culture changes were good or bad. I am sure from a CJS standard CSH had a better culture than CJL, I am also sure that no one cared about that because he wasn’t winning.

Edited by puc86

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think we can agree on this much.

The real point is that no one is trying to change your mind.  Most people have their "own take" on what their eyes reveal to them. 

Just now, Brad said:

I think we can agree on this much.

The real point is that no one is trying to change your mind.  Most people have their "own take" on what their eyes reveal to them. 

I agree with many aspects of other peoples arguments, the only things I refuse to accept are that you can’t improve your situation immediately and make incremental improvements daily, that you can’t judge what someone is going for years at which point you have to decide instantly if it’s time to extend them or fire them and that anything matters outside of winning, losing and recruiting. There has to be some point this year where it’s at least okay to have a small amount of expectations in the win loss columns. I get why people like CJS, I do not get why they think it’s unreasonable to be of a different opinion based on his performance to date.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I agree with many aspects of other peoples arguments, the only things I refuse to accept are that you can’t improve your situation immediately and make incremental improvements daily, that you can’t judge what someone is going for years at which point you have to decide instantly if it’s time to extend them or fire them and that anything matters outside of winning, losing and recruiting. There has to be some point this year where it’s at least okay to have a small amount of expectations in the win loss columns. I get why people like CJS, I do not get why they think it’s unreasonable to be of a different opinion based on his performance to date.

There have been incremental improvements.  Few if any people are happy with no FBS wins in the last 2 years, but last year was last year and it is pretty unfair to judge strictly by W's vs. L's at this point this year.  Let's let the season play out and then judge it.  Buy I have a feeling you see some of the improvements and expecting some W's in the coming weeks, which is why you are doubling down on the no wins thing before that goes away.

Just now, chapelbull said:

There have been incremental improvements.  Few if any people are happy with no FBS wins in the last 2 years, but last year was last year and it is pretty unfair to judge strictly by W's vs. L's at this point this year.  Let's let the season play out and then judge it.  Buy I have a feeling you see some of the improvements and expecting some W's in the coming weeks, which is why you are doubling down on the no wins thing before that goes away.

You had a stretch of 4 where you have us going 2-2 and if that happens I will be appeased for a bit but if we go 1-3 no matter how it happens that’s just not good enough and at some point expectations have to actually exist and be met.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

It's okay to have differing opinions of course.  We do.  I'm not even sure how this thing got started...oh yeah, it was the doom and gloom guys that decided to **** on the Bulls after having shown decent improvement against BYU.  They had to respond to that with mocking the winning culture.  No W, no reprieve. So it's not even a debate about individual opinions, I guess it's more about how people choose to act out and then we went down many tangents as that is often the strategy of those unable to move from their entrenched position.

5 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

And yes you are right i only expect to be able to say the no FBS wins thing for four more weeks so yes I’m probably getting my use out of it but I’m also very shocked and concerned that I’m going to have said that for this long into someone’s career.