• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Poll: Do you believe CJS will be a successful coach at USF?

Do you believe CJS will be a successful coach at USF?  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,270
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

If anybody can, though, it's him .....

I mean I could but it’s not entirely necessary since you can’t see my face, do you honestly believe it was completely impossible for these players to have beaten that team on Saturday?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, puc86 said:

I mean I could but it’s not entirely necessary since you can’t see my face, do you honestly believe it was completely impossible for these players to have beaten that team on Saturday?

No it wasn't, but that was largely to very good coaching especially in the 2nd half of that game.

But the question wasn't "could", it was "should" this year

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

No it wasn't, but that was largely to very good coaching especially in the 2nd half of that game.

But the question wasn't "could", it was "should" this year

Fair enough, the CCS bar is certainly a lofty one for this group

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

47 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The reason the previous culture was determined bad is because we lost which would mean the reason this culture would be good is because we are winning.

Except in those previous losing cultures as you call them, it took the coach (both Holtz and Strong) a season+ to destroy USF football.  My guess is there were indications of that long before complete and total failure.  I'd suggest you give a culture geared towards winning at least as long to to see if it bears fruit and along the way look for indications it might become that instead of just dismissing most everything.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Brad said:

Except in those previous losing cultures as you call them, it took the coach (both Holtz and Strong) a season+ to destroy USF football.  My guess is there were indications of that long before complete and total failure.  I'd suggest you give a culture geared towards winning it least as long to to see if it bears fruit and along the way look for indications it might become that instead of just dismissing most everything.

The only thing I’ve completely dismissed is penalties because there definitive data that it doesn’t have anything to do with winning. I think the two most important things a head FBS coach can do in order to create a winning culture are to improve recruiting and to hire the right coordinators. I do not think CJS has done particularly well on either of those fronts and I think that’s why things have gone the way they have and that most anything else is a complete waste of time that will never move any needle. Buy in would be the next most important thing in my book and it’s my experience the best way to get buy in is to be successful and the best way to burn through it is to fail.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

Except in those previous losing cultures as you call them, it took the coach (both Holtz and Strong) a season+ to destroy USF football.  My guess is there were indications of that long before complete and total failure.  I'd suggest you give a culture geared towards winning it least as long to to see if it bears fruit and along the way look for indications it might become that instead of just dismissing most everything.

After Saturday night/Sunday morning I have hope. I haven't had that in a minute.  

22 minutes ago, Triple B said:

In the full sense of disclosure, I did come across in a different thread where that terminology was indeed used so I guess that's where the panties starting getting twisted about it and I guess because Faza had the audacity to expound on culture on this thread triggered some.

Yes, CJS also used the phrase "championship culture" so more panties to be bunched.  We haven't won a championship yet either.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Yes, CJS also used the phrase "championship culture" so more panties to be bunched.  We haven't won a championship yet either.  

What the **** was he thinking??

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I do not think CJS has done particularly well on either of those fronts and I think that’s why things have gone the way they have and that most anything else is a complete waste of time that will never move any needle.

But somehow we made undefeated #15 BYU, victors over three Power 5 teams (including ranked Utah and ASU) look beatable (your words).  Hmm..

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

After Saturday night/Sunday morning I have hope. I haven't had that in a minute.  

I will agree that I am cautiously hopeful with the end of that game