• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

First step to recovery.........

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,847
  • Days Won:  22

7 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Here's the problem.  The realignments going on now are really like no others in the past because it's all about the "haves" keeping the rankings and revenue dollars in the family. 

The SEC wants as many fans/viewers hooked on their product as possible; and they can accomplish this by playing their own teams more often.  They don't want a G5 team or other power conference playing spoiler to a top team early in the season.  So instead they expand and play each other more often... keeping a "brand" on air at all times and keeping the narrative that even when they lose it's a quality loss.  Now, along comes an expanded CFP playoffs, letting more of their teams in.  Once again they get more eyes on their brand, but just as important they have more chances to keep the championship in conference (making viewers more interested in their conference next year).

The other conferences saw the SEC's endgame and were rightfully spooked.  So you get that alliance between the pac12/big10/acc all saying "Hey let's work together to prevent their viewership monopoly by scheduling more cross league games".  I mean who wants to watch "Clemson vs Miami Ohio" if "Bama vs Texas" is on and realistically both SEC teams could still be in playoffs later.  So now it's gotta be "Clemson vs Michigan", and sure enough all parties involved will say it was a quality loss and a very meaningful game you should have watched.

Where I'm going with this, is if you don't have a chair when the music stops playing this go around you are royally fahked like never before because your chance at playing ranked teams (dominated by the SEC or the 'Alliance against the SEC') will be miniscule.  And if you are a team that survives on payday games, you better be prepared to shut your program down. 

I agree with you but this alliance is only a first step eventually the BigTen will also expand. The reality is that USF was always going to be an outlier, so I wouldn’t be surprised when in a few years we will meet again are just departed members because they as well as us will always be at the edges of the big boy big names.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

12 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I agree with you but this alliance is only a first step eventually the BigTen will also expand. The reality is that USF was always going to be an outlier, so I wouldn’t be surprised when in a few years we will meet again are just departed members because they as well as us will always be at the edges of the big boy big names.

That is a very possible outcome.  I mean when Texas/OU bolted, I absolutely thought "Even if we got invited to the Big12, that league could collapse just as fast as the Big East did"

And right now the Big12 isn't part of that alliance which is a huge problem if your argument is 'We are still a power conference worthy of big tv money".

So for sure this is not a slam dunk win for the Big12 or departing AAC members; but it is without question the situation every AAC team would rather gamble on.  And it definitely kills the AAC's momentum (which puc will crucify me for implying it had) towards a better tv deal/recognition.  To say nothing of the AAC's chances of maintaining status quo tv money.

Edited by Ghostbuster

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

22 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

That is a very possible outcome.  I mean when Texas/OU bolted, I absolutely thought "Even if we got invited to the Big12, that league could collapse just as fast as the Big East did"

And right now the Big12 isn't part of that alliance which is a huge problem if your argument is 'We are still a power conference worthy of big tv money".

So for sure this is not a slam dunk win for the Big12 or departing AAC members; but it is without question the situation every AAC team would rather gamble on.  And it definitely kills the AAC's momentum (which puc will crucify me for implying it had) towards a better tv deal/recognition.  To say nothing of the AAC's chances of maintaining status quo tv money.

Further this new B12 is not signing a GOR. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,078
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

So you paint silly buzz word slogans on the walls that can literally be used in any business and have absolutely nothing to do with what your business is how you plan to advance it.

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Brad said:

image.jpeg

I love cooperate America 

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

Yes I think the landscape is moving much to fast at this time.  We can not even stand firmly on the ground yet much less walk or run.  We are all measuring USF as a failure simply because we have had 4 losing seasons at the worst possible time.  However, the things that we have achieved such as becoming a preeminent university, and growing our endowment to near 700 Million dollars which is only 9 million dollars behind FSU speaks volumes to how much this directional named university has matured.  We all just need to breathe as things happen for reason and there was no way we are ready for any new athletic challenges. It cant just be the fault of men's football, it can fall on CJS, it cant fall on this administration, and it can fall on the fans.  However, it does need to be up to all of us to be accountable and control what you can.  

As a fan base we have been quite toxic today, and really kind of showing our a$$ as poor sports.  We sure are not acting like we belong we have some growing up to do.....

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,078
  • Days Won:  469

Monk that’s true.  Some of us are approaching the endzone after 28+ years of supporting football.  That can come across in a way you describe i suppose. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,356
  • Days Won:  5

5 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

Two people: Judy and Doug.

I don’t disregard that Judy did well in her position, but she did not care about football or Jim.

Winner winner

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, it has grown into a let down, some of us may never see  how everything plays out in our lifetime and that can be quite depressing.  I have followed USF since the 80s, been a part of the original death row in the 90's and dreamed of the day we got college football.  However, I will admit it was simply amazing at how fast we initially climbed which in hindsight may have actually slowed us down.  We just need to stay weather the storm and keep going forward.

• Upvote 1