• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A memo to USF Athletics

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  956
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/2/2021 at 10:43 PM, El_Toro_86 said:

Cancel the IPF add some more bleachers to Corbett and drop down to FCS

I agree, in addition to that, spend some money on a couple high end BB players and let’s roll. Who knows, maybe the Big East will expand we we can be a part of it again (UCONN had the right idea). Seriously though, let’s turn into a basketball school at this point. 

Edited by michibull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, michibull said:

I agree, in addition to that, spend some money on a couple high end BB players and let’s roll. Who knows, maybe the Big East will expand we we can be a part of it again (UCONN had the right idea). Seriously though, let’s turn into a basketball school at this point. 

I can make a case we have had much more success in football in a short time than we ever had in basketball. Football always has and always will rule. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  956
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I can make a case we have had much more success in football in a short time than we ever had in basketball. Football always has and always will rule. 

True, but I think everything has changed. The landscape is quite different now. My humble opinion is that if there is another round of expansion, it’s to level out the ACC, B10 and Pac12 to finish the 4 elite conferences. At that point there will be very little meaningful football success to be had. BB on the other hand requires much less resources; less scholarships/players, coaches, equipment; in addition to the fact it only takes 2-3 real good players to make the dance. I know we don’t have the history, but Gonzaga, Butler, Valpo, George Mason, UNLV and Marquette are all schools who are well known because of BB (and the haven’t even won a natty and they had to start somewhere). I get football is king, but BB can achieve a similar goal if focused on, especially when the football program is dying. 

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,407
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, michibull said:

True, but I think everything has changed. The landscape is quite different now. My humble opinion is that if there is another round of expansion, it’s to level out the ACC, B10 and Pac12 to finish the 4 elite conferences. At that point there will be very little meaningful football success to be had. BB on the other hand requires much less resources; less scholarships/players, coaches, equipment; in addition to the fact it only takes 2-3 real good players to make the dance. I know we don’t have the history, but Gonzaga, Butler, Valpo, George Mason, UNLV and Marquette are all schools who are well known because of BB (and the haven’t even won a natty and they had to start somewhere). I get football is king, but BB can achieve a similar goal if focused on, especially when the football program is dying. 

Marquette won a National Title (when I was young) and has been to like 4 or 5 final fours

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

On 9/4/2021 at 12:00 AM, michibull said:

:ph34r: