• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Jeff Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

11 hours ago, Triple B said:

If he hadn't taken the TO's that momentum may not have been there. True frosh qb, very hostile environment, critical situations ..... he had to burn them. Hopefully as everybody progresses, those situations are handled better without using the timeouts.

Prime example of the old adage....you say Tomato, I say Tomahto. We all have Spectator Opinions. You get 3 time-out's per half, your in a hole, you have some mo on your side, your a D-1 football team, it isn't practice it's a game you cant coach every little thing. With the point diff, even 3 pts would have worked if(?) the 2nd half play stayed the same. Yep, I'm sure JS wanted that TD but, was it worth possibly losing the game when the clock beat you??  Even McClain and Mag looked perplexed on one TO plus it broke into their momentum. When you see your HC going a bit hyper-frantic you wonder if it's a D scheme they saw? Or, was it our O alignment for a called play? yep, freshman QB but..2nd start and 4th game..he has a lot of game time under his belt thus far. But.....Anyway..hopefully, all involved are maturing together and we will see another jump in improvement this week. 

On 9/26/2021 at 10:57 AM, smazza said:

the future looks bright

we should give scott an extension

Yeah...let's give him a 3" height extension-be easier to pick out on the sideline

On 9/26/2021 at 12:44 AM, pascobull said:

That onside attempt was beyond aweful...fire the guy who called that...we had 5:41 left and it was completely telegraphed...you could see it coming and the kick placement was rushed and aweful

It even took our players by surprise..it was pretty pitiful We have speed prob better than theirs so line up and go for it see if our guys can beat your guys. Or, see if your kicker can put it down and get them inside the 10-15 yd line then challenge your D except...we gave up the big tosses and that small back they had went through the line like a hot knife through butter...image            Our kickers have done well but with our talent and current play we need them to shift into consistent/beyond good-play makers..which will help both D and O. Until our O gets very proficient we need to be able to get points from kicks of 43, 45, 47, ? 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

One of the BYU special teams players literally had his back turned when we kicked the ball. A better kick may have resulted in a USF recovery.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

Prime example of the old adage....you say Tomato, I say Tomahto. We all have Spectator Opinions. You get 3 time-out's per half, your in a hole, you have some mo on your side, your a D-1 football team, it isn't practice it's a game you cant coach every little thing. With the point diff, even 3 pts would have worked if(?) the 2nd half play stayed the same. Yep, I'm sure JS wanted that TD but, was it worth possibly losing the game when the clock beat you??  Even McClain and Mag looked perplexed on one TO plus it broke into their momentum. When you see your HC going a bit hyper-frantic you wonder if it's a D scheme they saw? Or, was it our O alignment for a called play? yep, freshman QB but..2nd start and 4th game..he has a lot of game time under his belt thus far. But.....Anyway..hopefully, all involved are maturing together and we will see another jump in improvement this week. 

Would have been nice if one of the reporters asked him about it after the game. I wanted to know what happened. There are a variety of reasons, some falling on the coaches, some falling on the players, some falling on the D's scheme, that would explain the debacle. I can chalk it up to growing pains no matter what, but we can't have that in the future. 

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

I caught a lot of crap about my post regarding the UCF starting QB being out for the year because it was on the "Main Board".  But this derogatory post is still allowed to persist on the "Main Board"?  What looks worse to the USF image?

I can remember in the 93 when were were banned from chanting "BS" in Sundome... so as we did the 90s... I call "Rocky Doo" on this post!

Edited by 94 Bull

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

One of the BYU special teams players literally had his back turned when we kicked the ball. A better kick may have resulted in a USF recovery.

Bingo. This mantra keeps reoccurring this season. It's not the coaching, it's the lack of proper execution.

30 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Would have been nice if one of the reporters asked him about it after the game. I wanted to know what happened. There are a variety of reasons, some falling on the coaches, some falling on the players, some falling on the D's scheme, that would explain the debacle. I can chalk it up to growing pains no matter what, but we can't have that in the future. 

👍

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Days Won:  0

34 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I think they did in the post game questions.  He replied that they had no time outs left and he didn't think they could stop BYU with the amount of time left and they had been practicing the on-sides kick in practice.  

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

6 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I think they did in the post game questions.  He replied that they had no time outs left and he didn't think they could stop BYU with the amount of time left and they had been practicing the on-sides kick in practice.  

That was regarding the decision to go for the poorly executed onside kick. I don't have a problem with that decision given our D's performance. 

• Upvote 1