• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New locker room unveiled today

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

gousfbulls.com article ....

IMG_6922.jpg?preset=large.socialmediaima

New $3.3 million upgrades to football facilities welcome Bulls to first day of fall camp.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,290
  • Days Won:  0

I wonder if our commits have already seen that new lockers before our currently players?

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Yesterday Jeff Scott said "This is going to be the first of many improvements and new facilities and things we see in the next 5-10 years." I'm hoping this is the reason he expanded that window to 10 years

IMG_4373.0.jpeg

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,883
  • Days Won:  33

14 hours ago, Cornada said:

Very Nice.  Will the IPF when finished have a locker room?  I initially thought yes, with a lot of other amenities; but now I guess no.

There will not be a locker room in the IPF.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Days Won:  12

18 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

There will not be a locker room in the IPF.

If I recall correctly, it's walkable from the locker room. You suit up and walk over to practice. The IPF will have nutritional station, gym, field, etc. Right? 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

These are points of pride for the players and the staff. When you see improvements it makes you want to be better. USF football had stagnated since the Lee Roy Selmon Center was opened. I love that CJS showed the players a video of the Ponderosa trailers, the Selmon Center and then let them see the new locker room. This program grew so much from 1996 to 2007, it was crazy but not sustainable. I hope that with the new locker rooms and the IPF and training and fitness center the new regime can keep the passion and fire growing around this program. We are one big season away from getting back into the thick of things. It probably won't be this year, but this year will lay the groundwork for future seasons. For the first time in a while I can say that I'm excited to see what the future holds for USF football. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,883
  • Days Won:  33

1 minute ago, hm101 said:

If I recall correctly, it's walkable from the locker room. You suit up and walk over to practice. The IPF will have nutritional station, gym, field, etc. Right? 

It's the same walk they have now from the locker room to the turf field, so you are correct in that they will dress in the locker room and go to the IPF if they plan to utilize it (Coach has mentioned multiple times that they plan to warm up in the IPF even if they will practice outside).

The IPF will not have a weight room, nutrition center, etc. That will be part of the Operations Building when the next phase of the building process begins. I believe Coach mentioned something about that yesterday in his press conference.

23 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

It's the same walk they have now from the locker room to the turf field, so you are correct in that they will dress in the locker room and go to the IPF if they plan to utilize it (Coach has mentioned multiple times that they plan to warm up in the IPF even if they will practice outside).

The IPF will not have a weight room, nutrition center, etc. That will be part of the Operations Building when the next phase of the building process begins. I believe Coach mentioned something about that yesterday in his press conference.

I think building it out in phases is prudent, not only financially, but from a continued excitement, recruiting and PR standpoint. Having an unveiling of new, state-of-the-art facilities every single summer for 3 consecutive years has much more of an impact than just having everything built at once. It will keep the players hungry and excited and will be a reminder to boosters about how far their contributions can go. 

We stagnated for a decade-plus and have a lot of catching up to do with other programs. UCF's lazy river compound will be a great recruiting tool for them and USF needs to continue to find ways to catch up, while not completely mortgaging the future with unsustainable debt. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

20 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I think building it out in phases is prudent, not only financially, but from a continued excitement, recruiting and PR standpoint. Having an unveiling of new, state-of-the-art facilities every single summer for 3 consecutive years has much more of an impact than just having everything built at once. It will keep the players hungry and excited and will be a reminder to boosters about how far their contributions can go

We stagnated for a decade-plus and have a lot of catching up to do with other programs. UCF's lazy river compound will be a great recruiting tool for them and USF needs to continue to find ways to catch up, while not completely mortgaging the future with unsustainable debt. 

Agreed with that first point, I think each time one of these phases is complete there should be a small uptick in donations as boosters are happy with the progress being made.

But I read somewhere that UCF might not be doing the lazy river anymore. I think that was the last AD's idea and with covid the new AD isn't as eager for it. Do we have any partnership with Busch Gardens? If I was a player Id rather have a Busch Gardens/Adventure Island fun card with that being a mile away from campus than a lazy river.

Edited by bulloni

7 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Agreed with that first point, I think each time one of these phases is complete there should be a small uptick in donations as boosters are happy with the progress being made.

But I read somewhere that UCF might not be doing the lazy river anymore. I think that was the last AD's idea and with covid the new AD isn't as eager for it. Do we have any partnership with Busch Gardens? If I was a player Id rather have a Busch Gardens/Adventure Island fun card with that being a mile away from campus than a lazy river.

I'm reading that right now after looking into it further. It appears that it was delayed by Covid and now it's future is up in the air. I don't know how big of a factor it would have been with landing recruits, but it definitely would add a wow-factor that would be difficult for USF to match. The idea of exclusivity to athletes and large donors and its proximity to their facilities makes it far more appealing than a pass to Adventure Island.