• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Baseball Tournament Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

13 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Save the strawman.

Year 1.  2nd Place Conference Season / At Large Bid

Year 2.  9th Place / Sucko

Year 3.  Covid

Year 4.  Conference Tourney Champ / Conference Auto Bid

That's conference championship and 2 tourney bids in 3 full seasons (and only 1 season as the worst in the conference).   That's the same as your boy Kingston (minus the conference championship/auto bid) who also had a disastrous season in between his 2 good seasons/ tourney bids

This team has been improving all season just most (cough, cough) didn't want to admit it/discuss it.  This week was just the culmination of that improvement.

Mohl isn't ready for the HOF, but he deserves his due and some should start admitting that maybe he can coach a little bit and may be better as he gains experience and grows.  We may be hoping he doesn't get enticed by the big P5 $$$$ in the next couple of years if we aren't careful.  Hell maybe he'll take Kingston's place up at USC 😁

@bowman1

I honestly have no major qualms with Mohl and have never expressed an opinion that he has performed at a substandard level or should be fired

I also agree with JTrue - the last 5 games does not negate the first 45.  Prior to Sunday Afternoon at 3:45 PM, the season was a C - the conference championship takes it to a B+ (credit to Mohl for pulling it off)

Mohl has the team peaking at the right time and has them moving in the right direction.  If Jasiak and Lord keep dishing the pill, we could really shake things up at the regional 

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

Bulls heading to Gainesville. Facing gators in opener. South alabama and Miami also in Gainesville 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Bulls heading to Gainesville. Facing gators in opener. South alabama and Miami also in Gainesville 

🤘🤘🤘

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

🤘🤘🤘

No place we’d rather go; no team we’d rather play. House money. Shake things up!

• Upvote 1

Game is this Friday at noon on the SEC Network. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

15 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

When you say collective trophy I assume you are talking about the one that is awarded to the team? If so, I disagree, the players certainly care about it based on all of the pics I see with players taking pics with it. Yes, they don’t get to keep it but it is a major part of their memory of winning one. 

Okay, maybe I'm not up on this whole War on I4 trophy ******** ..... for obvious reasons. I thought there were actually 2 trophies. One strictly for the football game and another for the collective head to head results of all sports we both compete in. I did say I kind of get the football team caring about their individual one but ..... if I'm correct about having two separate ones .... I just don't see the other sports teams really caring that much about the collective one (especially since they haven't won one yet) and care more about beating the rest of the AAC for conf championships. If I am correct and there are 2 separate, I just don't think the collective one is that big of a deal to the other teams in the overall scheme of things .....

If I'm wrong about 2 trophies then I wonder what the loser Kanigit fans are talking about over on our AAC board.

15 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Snarky old man tonight aren’t we? 😂

Tonight? I feel I pretty much roll in snark 24/7 ...

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Okay, maybe I'm not up on this whole War on I4 trophy ******** ..... for obvious reasons. I thought there were actually 2 trophies. One strictly for the football game and another for the collective head to head results of all sports we both compete in. I did say I kind of get the football team caring about their individual one but ..... if I'm correct about having two separate ones .... I just don't see the other sports teams really caring that much about the collective one (especially since they haven't won one yet) and care more about beating the rest of the AAC for conf championships. If I am correct and there are 2 separate, I just don't think the collective one is that big of a deal to the other teams in the overall scheme of things .....

If I'm wrong about 2 trophies then I wonder what the loser Kanigit fans are talking about over on our AAC board.

Tonight? I feel I pretty much roll in snark 24/7 ...

OK, we are in complete agreement regarding the war on I4 trophy. I’m not a fan of that either. But I do support the players enjoining their conference championship trophy. As we’ve seen it can be difficult to achieve.

as I get older I am finding that being snarky all the time is actually kind of fun.😀

Edited by NewEnglandBull

Guest Jonesy Bull

I'm on the the Coach Mohl admiration train.  Anybody that can deliver us a CC (first in 25 years) automatically gets my kudos.  And I believe this team is a ahead of schedule.  All the freshmen and under classmen (that he recruited) had huge contributions in the Championship.  Overall this year, we saw steady improvement by this team and the future looks bright - all under his watch.

We are not winning this Region with both Florida and Miami in it unless there is God's intervention.  But what a great experience this will be for this young up and coming team.