• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Scott listed his house for sale

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,019
  • Days Won:  38

Flip or Flop???

Just now, zarnozdabull said:

He's gone.

He hates it here.

I hope you're happy Puc.

It's only been one year LOL.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

22 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

He's gone.

He hates it here.

I hope you're happy Puc.

Where would he conceivably go as a one FCS head coach? He has nowhere to go unless he is looking to be a positions coach or HS football coach and I’m not looking for instability, we invested in his learning on the job and we would be best served for that to pay off (i just wish he didn’t require so much remediation and had hired someone that was ready for the job day one).

Smith and now CJS, that house is cursed. One thing I’m pretty sure of is the next buyer will not be a coach.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

He can make a big hit on the house in this market but...he has to find another house and the supply is dwindling. 

Definitely,   but if he is downsizing or even renting he still will make a nice profit

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

40 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Flip or Flop???

He's like screw this coaching stuff .... I can make a killing flipping houses!!!!!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

He's like screw this coaching stuff .... I can make a killing flipping houses!!!!!

Open floor plan, shiplap, subway tile, make everything gray and white.  It is a mutant HGTV baby.

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

Yes, but he received a really good deal on the property, getting it for essentially $1 million less than Lovie Smith paid for it in 2014. Between the mortgage and the home equity line he has on it, he only owes about $2.2 million. If he were to clear right near $3 million after commissions, that would leave him with about $800,000 to put into a new home. If he buys one of the ones in Avilla for $1.8 million, that leaves him with a $1 million mortgage, thus reducing his debt burden by 55%. If home values were to dip by 20% over the next 3 years (possible, even if not probable) he would cut his losses by around $250,000 between the two homes and go from a position of breakeven at the time of sale on the larger home to a position of walking away with about $500,000 on the smaller home. I am certain that Jeff Scott has a financial planner/adviser that is far more versed in all of this than am I, but I have to believe that is the thought process going on here. 

It’s amazing what can be accomplished in a year

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

Yes, but he received a really good deal on the property, getting it for essentially $1 million less than Lovie Smith paid for it in 2014. Between the mortgage and the home equity line he has on it, he only owes about $2.2 million. If he were to clear right near $3 million after commissions, that would leave him with about $800,000 to put into a new home. If he buys one of the ones in Avilla for $1.8 million, that leaves him with a $1 million mortgage, thus reducing his debt burden by 55%. If home values were to dip by 20% over the next 3 years (possible, even if not probable) he would cut his losses by around $250,000 between the two homes and go from a position of breakeven at the time of sale on the larger home to a position of walking away with about $500,000 on the smaller home. I am certain that Jeff Scott has a financial planner/adviser that is far more versed in all of this than am I, but I have to believe that is the thought process going on here. 

image.png