• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

20 minutes ago, JTrue said:

This is not a negative or a positive, but he's also an *******. In my experience, you don't have to be an ******* to be a great coach, but every great coach is an *******. Also, not every ******* is a great coach. 

That is actually a very accurate observation,  show me a players coach and I will show you a loser nine times out of 10, the one out of 10 that does experience success is unable to sustain it.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

10 hours ago, Ricky the Bull said:

Early in the season, like this one, is when we play ranked, OOC opponents like Florida and Arizona.

Softball has never won an AAC softball championship and only one in the Big East (2013) with the great Sara Nevins.

I know this isn't everyone's interest, but for us fans it's very frustrating.

But it does have Six Conference Championships. Only one Conference Tournament Championship 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

That is actually a very accurate observation,  show me a players coach and I will show you a loser nine times out of 10, the one out of 10 that does experience success is unable to sustain it.

I don't know if it is true, but I always thought that Dabo was a player's coach. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

8 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

I don't know if it is true, but I always thought that Dabo was a player's coach. 

This is one of those things that probably depends on one's definition of a "players' coach". Frisco's apparently involves a players coach not being an *******. I'm not sure what it means ....

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

This team has been frustrating for many years.  He does not recruit any big hitters.  It does no good to play an OOC schedule if we get run ruled all the time and can't even be competitive.  Now Moore is leaving.  I actually thought they were starting to come around last year with her as interim coach with everything stopped.  I wish they would go out and hire someone like Mike Smith who was run out of Ole Miss.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

11 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

This is one of those things that probably depends on one's definition of a "players' coach". Frisco's apparently involves a players coach not being an *******. I'm not sure what it means ....

There are a lot if winning coaches who are dubbed as players coaches. I also am not sure what being an ******* has to do with being a great coach. I don't think they are in any way mutually exclusive.

Mike Candrea said he stopped coaching the National Team because it was taking too much focus from coaching Arizona. I think the same can apply here as well.

Guest Jonesy Bull

I don't think him being a "players coach" or not is the issue.  It was brought up earlier in the thread that he doesn't like to do the Recruiting part of the job, that he leaves that to his Assistants.  

I don't know if that is true or not, but if it is then that's a problem.  It's a part of the job description.  Maybe or maybe not contractually, but certainly as the right thing to do as part of the job.  Wouldn't the National Coach of USA team coming into a top recruits home make a difference in deciding whether to come to USF as opposed to sending one of his Assistants?  Umm yeah, if true, we could be a much better program imo.

Here is the difference.  We played Arizona twice this weekend and got run ruled.  Right now UCF is beating Arizona 2 to 0 finishing up the top of the 6th. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Are we really complaining about the job this guy has done here?   This sounds suspiciously like the clamoring for Jose's head by a few here and there