• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basebulls three game series with Stetson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

33 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

This is what has me most excited about this team, looking at the Roster we are loaded with Freshmen and some Sophomores.  Not a whole lot of upper classmen really.

This bodes really well for our future!  They are already starting to learn how to win.

Agree...when would they be eligible for the draft again? Junior year? 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Quite the improvement from 2020 already. When Covid brought last season to a halt, USF was 6-11 with an RPI ranking of 170. As of now, they are 7-3 with an RPI ranking of 76. The AAC is still solid in baseball, with 6 of the 8 teams ranked in the top 100. Memphis and Cincy are not very good right now, but you have to have a bottom of the conference. The upcoming schedule offers some opportunities for some good wins (at least based upon early RPI rankings), with FGCU and FAU on the slate, as well as Texas Tech. I don't follow college baseball closely, but I think a 14-8 record in non-conference play would be very acceptable at this point. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I'll have to defer to somebody more knowledgeable.

I am interested to know if Mohr has More top prospects coming in next year?  I looked at the Recruiting board, but its kind of hard to decipher which players have committed for next year.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I believe it is still after Year 3.  I'm guessing that the Covid year will give some the option after their Sophomore year (Jaziak for instance)

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I'll have to defer to somebody more knowledgeable.

I am interested to know if Mohr has More top prospects coming in next year?  I looked at the Recruiting board, but its kind of hard to decipher which players have committed for next year.

He has some solid recruits yes

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Junior year or if any of them turn 21 during their Soph year, they'd also be eligible. 

• Upvote 2

Mohl has juggled the lineup since the opening FGCU series.   He took Brutcher from the 2 slot to the lead off, moved Ruiz from 5th up to 2nd,  Hogan went from 4th to 3rd followed by Lane who wasn't even in the line up opening day.   Pena dropped from 3rd to 5th followed by Cantu, Mitchell, Sullivan, and Gonzalez down from the lead off slot.    Loads the top of the line up with you best and most consistent producers.   Brutcher and Ruiz get on for Hogan and Lane while also driving guys in from the bottom of the line up.   Gonzalez did a great job of getting on base this weekend.   Brutcher and Lane were beasts.  

Nice job making some adjustments by Mohl.   He also changed up the pitching rotation.   We have a ways to go and conference play can be a different animal, but I think he has earned some respect here in the early going

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Mohl has juggled the lineup since the opening FGCU series.   He took Brutcher from the 2 slot to the lead off, moved Ruiz from 5th up to 2nd,  Hogan went from 4th to 3rd followed by Lane who wasn't even in the line up opening day.   Pena dropped from 3rd to 5th followed by Cantu, Mitchell, Sullivan, and Gonzalez down from the lead off slot.    Loads the top of the line up with you best and most consistent producers.   Brutcher and Ruiz get on for Hogan and Lane while also driving guys in from the bottom of the line up.   Gonzalez did a great job of getting on base this weekend.   Brutcher and Lane were beasts.  

Nice job making some adjustments by Mohl.   He also changed up the pitching rotation.   We have a ways to go and conference play can be a different animal, but I think he has earned some respect here in the early going

I like him shaking things up. That's a YOUNG lineup. It's going to take a little while to click and we're seeing some of the inconsistency, but you can't be mad at where we are overall right now.

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I like him shaking things up. That's a YOUNG lineup. It's going to take a little while to click and we're seeing some of the inconsistency, but you can't be mad at where we are overall right now.

Nope.  I'm curious as to when Jacobs-Guishard starts seeing more playing time.   All he's done is produce and he comes from a top notch program in St. Thomas Aquinas.  I guess he is stuck behind Gonzalez right now, maybe? 

Guest Jonesy Bull

We step up in class today, with Florida State on deck.  I don't see on the GoUSFBulls site that there is any option for viewing.  Does anybody know if it will be on and FSU stream?