• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Temple Traveling to Tampa Wednesday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 hours ago, bjef4844 said:

It ended pretty badly for Paschal. As I recall he could barely field a team at the end of his last year.

It’s ended pretty badly for just about every USF coach in every sport. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s ended pretty badly for just about every USF coach in every sport. 

Is Willie the only one, of the higher profile sports, that didn't end badly here?

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Is Willie the only one, of the higher profile sports, that didn't end badly here?

Seth? 

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Seth? 

His last year 15-14 (7-9), another failure to win more than one game in the conf tourney and no post season ....... but considering the MBB history maybe you're right, that wouldn't be classified as "ending badly".

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

22 minutes ago, Triple B said:

His last year 15-14 (7-9), another failure to win more than one game in the conf tourney and no post season ....... but considering the MBB history maybe you're right, that wouldn't be classified as "ending badly".

That might be considered HOF material

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  357
  • Content Count:  4,113
  • Days Won:  56

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

That actually might have been Seth’s best coaching job. That was the season after Alton Jackson and B.B. Waldon graduated. To lose both of those guys and have a winning record was nearly miraculous.

Guest Jonesy Bull

I always liked Seth.  He had alot of energy and was really an advocate of getting the Student body involved.

Although we were pretty good under him, we could never seem to win the big "storm the court" type of game as he put it.  When he left here, his success level was pretty much the same at Virginia Tech, good but nothing special.

But right now, I think we would take that given the product we have now.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,855
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Although we were pretty good under him, we could never seem to win the big "storm the court" type of game 

If I was at the game on Wednesday I would have felt like storming the court, that was one of the worst second half performances that I have ever seen.  I am done defending CBG, unfortunately Bry was right about him, the little guy has reached his ceiling.  

13 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

If I was at the game on Wednesday I would have felt like storming the court, that was one of the worst second half performances that I have ever seen.  I am done defending CBG, unfortunately Bry was right about him, the little guy has reached his ceiling.  

I am leaning that way but will give him one more year before I get militant. 

4 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I always liked Seth.  He had alot of energy and was really an advocate of getting the Student body involved.

Although we were pretty good under him, we could never seem to win the big "storm the court" type of game as he put it.  When he left here, his success level was pretty much the same at Virginia Tech, good but nothing special.

But right now, I think we would take that given the product we have now.

The success level here and at Va Tech really weren't pretty much the same. Here 7 years, no NCAA appearances, 2 NIT's with 0 wins. At Tech 9 years, 1 NCAA appearance, 5 NIT's with at least one win in every one of those tournaments. I honestly would have liked to have seen what he could have done in the BE here but I'm guessing he'd have come to the same conclusion as Mac and still left because he knew we'd be heading into a nuclear war armed with a pea shooter.