• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let the latest USF QB competition commence

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

5 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Fortin has the look and size. He looks like a linebacker now. But i think the UM transfer gets it. 

I can see either scenario.  You would think they will be 1-2 in some order.  Marsh has a cannon of an arm, but he looked like he would need more work on the position as a whole.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

21 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

If Fortin was truly coming on at the end of the season I have to imagine it is gonna be between him and Williams. Unless Marsh or the freshman come in like world beaters.

I do like the shotgun effect Scott is bringing to the QB position.

It feels like Scott was saying that if there had been a real spring practice and full fall practice last year that Fortin might have come out of the gate with the job.  Or he might have just been saying that because some of the others are gone.  But I feel like Scott pretty much says what is really on his mind.

Guest Jonesy Bull

Give them all a Quarter in the NCState game.  OR

Hopefully Scott has a better feel for the talent on this team then he did with last year's team, and will know after Spring practice who is the best fit.

If they all are pedestrian at that point, lets throw McClain in there as he seems to be the best hope for our future.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Give them all a Quarter in the NCState game.  OR

Hopefully Scott has a better feel for the talent on this team then he did with last year's team, and will know after Spring practice who is the best fit.

If they all are pedestrian at that point, lets throw McClain in there as he seems to be the best hope for our future.

We better have a starter before then. If we can’t find a starter with 4 weeks of spring ball and 5 weeks of summer ball we got big big issues this year. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

On 2/18/2021 at 1:07 PM, puc86 said:

You can definitely have a quality backup the problem is when it’s not abundantly clear who the starter and who the backup is

It's not always abundantly clear, sometimes you can just have two excellent QB's and no one separates, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Example:  Tom Brady, greatest QB of all time, had an extremely difficult time at Michigan beating out Drew Henson.  Look it up.  They were both considered essentially Co starters for half the year.  People at the time were clamoring for Henson.  He was actually the can't miss prospect at the time out of the two.  Brady had to dig deep to beat out Henson, but yeah, Michigan basically had two QB's that played for half the year.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

It's not always abundantly clear, sometimes you can just have two excellent QB's and no one separates, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Example:  Tom Brady, greatest QB of all time, had an extremely difficult time at Michigan beating out Drew Henson.  Look it up.  They were both considered essentially Co starters for half the year.  People at the time were clamoring for Henson.  He was actually the can't miss prospect at the time out of the two.  Brady had to dig deep to beat out Henson, but yeah, Michigan basically had two QB's that played for half the year.

That it stands out in your mind shows you how abundantly clear how abundantly accurate it is, one something stands out in your mind it’s because it’s the exception and not the rule. The next time it happens here will be the first time.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I can see either scenario.  You would think they will be 1-2 in some order.  Marsh has a cannon of an arm, but he looked like he would need more work on the position as a whole.

For the first time ever,  I have no favorite. Let the best man win and Im rolling with whoever wins the battle. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

I think Williams will win the starting job. Fortin as back up.

Marsh and McClain are talented but too young, they will battle it out in future.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

14 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We better have a starter before then. If we can’t find a starter with 4 weeks of spring ball and 5 weeks of summer ball we got big big issues this year. 

I think we have big big issues no matter this year ... Go BULLS !!!

Guest Jonesy Bull
15 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I was mostly saying this in jest.  And I agree, somebody needs to step up in the Spring so that we have a REAL plan going into Fall practice.  Otherwise, YIKES!

Who that will be, I won't even venture a guess at this point.  I don't think any of us will have a feel unless we are witnessing day to day practices in person.