• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let the latest USF QB competition commence

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

22 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Has that ever been the case for us? I think the old saying goes if you have 2 QBs then you have none, I would think that if you have five you are ******

That time we had our GOAT and a drafted NFL quarterback on the roster at the same time ........

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That time we had our GOAT and a drafted NFL quarterback on the roster at the same time ........

Ya that period seemed to be going swimmingly for us, that is once there was only one. The only time we had two that actually worked for us was Matt and BJ and there was zero question of the starter until Matt got injured.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Has that ever been the case for us? I think the old saying goes if you have 2 QBs then you have none, I would think that if you have five you are ******

In this day and age if you only have one QB you are screwed, you are one injury away from having nothing. I’ll take a good starter and a quality back up. We shall see what happens but I like the options we have this year over past ones.

3 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

In this day and age if you only have one QB you are screwed, you are one injury away from having nothing. I’ll take a good starter and a quality back up. We shall see what happens but I like the options we have this year over past ones.

You can definitely have a quality backup the problem is when it’s not abundantly clear who the starter and who the backup is

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

56 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You can definitely have a quality backup the problem is when it’s not abundantly clear who the starter and who the backup is

True. But how do you know this will be the case? Why don’t we just watch and see what happens, none of us has any idea whether. One guy will separate or not. But once again having more guys with talent , gives us a better chance at one breaking ahead. And yes we can argue whether they are talented or not to do that but we can say that all have been successful in past. So let’s just see what they can do.

2 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

True. But how do you know this will be the case? Why don’t we just watch and see what happens, none of us has any idea whether. One guy will separate or not. But once again having more guys with talent , gives us a better chance at one breaking ahead. And yes we can argue whether they are talented or not to do that but we can say that all have been successful in past. So let’s just see what they can do.

I have no idea at this moment I just know that the field is large which people see as a positive, if it doesn’t shrink sooner than later it will not typically be a good sign as having a qb is usually a qualitative measure and not a quantitative one.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

I am only disappointed that we don't have 8 QBs after last year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Why did the UM QB transfer to JuCo after being the starter in 2019?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

7 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Why did the UM QB transfer to JuCo after being the starter in 2019?

ET, you are like Beetlejuice.  Someone was just asking about you a few days ago, hadn't seen you.  And then, here you are.

Edit: To answer your question I think in normal times you have to sit out a year unless you move down a level when you leave a school.

Edited by Who'sYourData?