• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Talk about being relegated to the small time...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am starting to go the same way. This past year I followed NFL football just as much as college. One more year and it might be more NFL. Our university sucks, the college football playoffs are a joke, and the money disparity is laughable. 

You're beginning to sound like Frisco and thinking only football matters in the land of universities. The accolades and rankings USF has in things that matter are very good.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

What I find kind of intriguing is that I don't think I've ever heard a "USF sucks" on here from a Bulls fan that never actually attended .....  that I'm aware.  

Sorry about that (and @George_Bullnard_Shaw)meant our University’s “football” team sucks. I’ve been very clear about my love of USF. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

12 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

You're beginning to sound like Frisco and thinking only football matters in the land of universities. The accolades and rankings USF has in things that matter are very good.

Correct, I meant FB...the context of the conversation was football so I assumed everyone knew what I was talking about. And yes for me I believe academics AND Athletics can both be successful but I don’t think our administration really thinks that way (at least not in the past). When I say Athletics I am really only talking about two sports as they are the tide that raises all boats in the program and gets the recognition nationally.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

31 minutes ago, Triple B said:

What I find kind of intriguing is that I don't think I've ever heard a "USF sucks" on here from a Bulls fan that never actually attended .....  that I'm aware.  

NEB graduated from USF and was obviously just talking about the FB team.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

29 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Football is not the only thing that matters in the land of Universities and I am taking some offense to that statement.  Basketball is also very important and I have been very vocal about my support for this sport as well.  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

9 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Football is not the only thing that matters in the land of Universities and I am taking some offense to that statement.  Basketball is also very important and I have been very vocal about my support for this sport as well.  

My issue is I do not see why it has to be a binary choice when there are high profile people that are highly paid to have athletic success be their singular focus. If the issue is that we do not have the resources to focus on both a good place to start reducing would be heavily guaranteed large salaries. If we have to suck because we are poor hire people that have a return that makes sense to their pay because when you are handing out millions of dollars left and right (to both stay and go away) it kind of sends a confused message about our intentions and expectations.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

7 hours ago, SittingBull said:

I didn’t realize you knew your sister was my daughter.

So wait a minute . . . SBs daughter and NEBs sister both work at Mons slinging drinks, while working side gigs as dancers AND they are the same person???

ED2E6E61-308D-41C2-89D8-925A7DE5BFB3.gif

11 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

So wait a minute . . . SBs daughter and NEBs sister both work at Mons slinging drinks, while working side gigs as dancers AND they are the same person???

ED2E6E61-308D-41C2-89D8-925A7DE5BFB3.gif

56FBAC26-24FD-4892-90D5-14D71085FE61.gif

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

We wants the money, Lebowski!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Sorry about that (and @George_Bullnard_Shaw)meant our University’s “football” team sucks. I’ve been very clear about my love of USF. 

Actually, I was referring to USF football. Never even considered it from the school itself standpoint ...