• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Talk about being relegated to the small time...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

11 hours ago, SittingBull said:

Compete for a National Championship!!.....the Bulls haven’t won a  Conference Championship, and yet not competing for a NC almost makes you sick.   LOL!

You got me there. 😂 

For a second I forgot we are a school with no traditions or winning culture.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

19 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This is us...

405A94D9-F008-4977-80BA-1E22DA7A99A6.jpeg

Wait!! I see some good Stuff in that pic...

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

19 hours ago, Triple B said:

That is definitely a better description of our shopping options, with the transfer portal being out thrift store equivalent. Never know what we could hit on ....

14. A legendary sweater

Vince Lombardi (head coach) and Bart Starr (quarterback) posing together as members of the Green Bay Packers.

Wikimedia Commons
Coach Vince Lombardi, pictured here with Bart Starr, had worn the sweater in younger days.

Sean and Rikki McEvoy loved picking out cool vintage clothing to sell online. One day in 2014, they picked up an old West Point sweater at an Asheville, North Carolina, Goodwill store for just 58 cents.

After discovering it had some moth damage, Rikki McEvoy decided to keep the sweater and fix it up for her husband.

Later, the two of them happened to be watching a documentary about legendary football coach Vince Lombardi and noticed he appeared to be wearing the same sweater.

Sure enough, the McEvoys found Lombardi's name written inside the sweater. They got it authenticated, and sold it for $43,020.

A fine investment on their part. Now, if our hand me down transfers turn out to be high dollar performers...? 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Wait!! I see some good Stuff in that pic...

I am squinting and I still see nothing 😂

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

11 hours ago, Dave Glaser said:

The only clown here is you. You prove it over and over again. Can you imagine? What idiots we are for having pride in academics. You’d think USF was a university or something.

I may have touched a nerve.  As stated before, we are not really known for academics and are are a far cry from the elite, I simply feel we have a better chance of competing and becoming well known through a superior Athletic program, but Judy “clown face” Genshaft robbed us of that opportunity. I am currently paying tuition for a top notch University and see the opportunities it provides through the employers interest in the school, we aren’t even close to that level.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

The lazy hiring authorities may care more about the name of the school, but anyone interested and knowledgeable about the field for which they are hiring will know the top programs (not school names) for that specific job and hire accordingly.  USF has a few of those - accounting and I/O Psychology come to mind.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, Grateful Dad said:

The lazy hiring authorities may care more about the name of the school, but anyone interested and knowledgeable about the field for which they are hiring will know the top programs (not school names) for that specific job and hire accordingly.  USF has a few of those - accounting and I/O Psychology come to mind.

Very good point, I have a daughter interning in Dallas in accounting.  Almost everyone she knows got an offer from all of the big 4 and her University makes up about 75% of the class at this firm.  Dave G or you would know best but I can’t believe USF is near that level in accounting.   i am not even sure they beat FSU, forget about UF altogether.  

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

14 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Very good point, I have a daughter interning in Dallas in accounting.  Almost everyone she knows got an offer from all of the big 4 and her University makes up about 75% of the class at this firm.  Dave G or you would know best but I can’t believe USF is near that level in accounting.   i am not even sure they beat FSU, forget about UF altogether.  

• USF Muma College of Business has the highest business job placement rate among state schools with 66.4 percent of graduates starting out in positions making at least $40K, according to a study completed by the Florida Board of Governors.
  • The USF Center for Entrepreneurship was named to the Top 20 list of best programs in the nation by CEOworld Magazine in its July 2019 issue. The ranking puts the center at No 18 and is the only Florida program on the list.
  • The USF Vinik Sport & Entertainment Management Program was ranked No. 6 in the world and No. 5 in the United States by SportBusiness International, which sifted through 1,000 survey responses from alumni and course leaders of programs around the world to rank the top 40 institutions in 2019.  This program has enjoyed a near 100  percent job placement rate since its 2012 inception.
Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Dave Glaser said:
  • USF Muma College of Business has the highest business job placement rate among state schools with 66.4 percent of graduates starting out in positions making at least $40K, according to a study completed by the Florida Board of Governors.

Jesus that is a low starting salary for a business major...$40k? The national average is $51k. Students at the University of New Hampshire Paul School of Business are averaging $54k entry level. 

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Jesus that is a low starting salary for a business major...$40k? The national average is $51k. Students at the University of New Hampshire Paul School of Business are averaging $54k entry level. 

We live in Florida, remember? There’s a sunshine discount. It applies to every field. Have you ever worked in this state?

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 2