• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Judy...Judy...Judy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

10 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

I think we could have done both. It was Judy’s job to push the academic rise of USF and I think she did very well on that. But I think from the start USF always saw athletics as not a priority.

from the beginning of the University with no Sports

To then adding basketball and having an Athletic Department that was happy just being a glorified Intramural.

In all our years, I think Griffin was the only AD that saw the value of athletics and moves that had to be done to move us forward.

Most of our ADs have been happy just trotting along and not making any bold moves.

Griffin should get way more Thanks for what he did for USF Athletics 

I think we could have done both as well, but the athletics funding was always a work in progress. Our athletics donor base is still rather mediocre and once that Big East money stopped coming in, athletics development took a back seat. Need money in coffers to make bold moves.

Edited by Paisa el Toro

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

9 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

There's no doubt to me that USF consolidation was another attempt by them to get us to drop below the required metrics by including other campuses not as strong as Tampa.

Chris Sprowls, a USF alumnus, was one of the key politicos spearheading the push for consolidation. I'm not buying the drop in metrics theory.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

7 hours ago, SittingBull said:

Call Leo Prada

Didn't see where ET86 was looking to buy a purse for his wife ....

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  39

Well, now that we are a preeminent university, let's go hard in the paint and get that athletic rep out of the septic tank!  

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

3 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

I think we could have done both as well, but the athletics funding was always a work in progress. Our athletics donor base is still rather mediocre and once that Big East money stopped coming in, athletics development took a back seat. Need money in coffers to make bold moves.

Agree but I always thought that our reaching out for donors was disjointed. Obviously we focused on big donors that carry the big bucks but as a growing university I don’t think we were aggressive enough in building a beginning low level donor base that some would increase with years. If you look at any number data released thru the years is amazing to see how few overall donors we have to the program compared to other schools specially at the lower levels.

Guest Jonesy Bull
13 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Agree but I always thought that our reaching out for donors was disjointed. Obviously we focused on big donors that carry the big bucks but as a growing university I don’t think we were aggressive enough in building a beginning low level donor base that some would increase with years. If you look at any number data released thru the years is amazing to see how few overall donors we have to the program compared to other schools specially at the lower levels.

Losing our beloved LRS was a big blow in that department, imo.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

To play devil's advocate,

Lol no way in hell USF is ever going to be recognized in every day conversation outside of Tampa for its "academic status." I'm sorry, I'm even an education graduate but its the reality. No one will look at your resume and say, "holy crap you went to USF?? Thats such an amazing academic school!" But they might say, "oh you went to that school that had those couple of undefeated seasons and claims a national title?" 🙄

I'm sorry but its the truth. Even if we pass FSU in academic standards no one will care, FSU is always going to be more "recognizable" than USF in every sense. When we were #2 we were the talk of the nation and no one cares now.

USF winning a conference title in football would give me more pure joy and happiness (tell me I'm wrong) than any "pre-eminent status" stuff. Sounds ignorant but its the truth.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

12 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

To play devil's advocate,

Lol no way in hell USF is ever going to be recognized in every day conversation outside of Tampa for its "academic status." I'm sorry, I'm even an education graduate but its the reality. No one will look at your resume and say, "holy crap you went to USF?? Thats such an amazing academic school!" But they might say, "oh you went to that school that had those couple of undefeated seasons and claims a national title?" 🙄

I'm sorry but its the truth. Even if we pass FSU in academic standards no one will care, FSU is always going to be more "recognizable" than USF in every sense. When we were #2 we were the talk of the nation and no one cares now.

USF winning a conference title in football would give me more pure joy and happiness (tell me I'm wrong) than any "pre-eminent status" stuff. Sounds ignorant but its the truth.

To play Devils advocate, we just hired a USF accounting degreed woman, I congratulated her on a GREAT. USF does have some stand out degrees, and people take note.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, footnfan1 said:

To play Devils advocate, we just hired a USF accounting degreed woman, I congratulated her on a GREAT. USF does have some stand out degrees, and people take note.

Shush you. Go away. 🤪

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Great Degree, sorry. Dang fat fingers.