• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will we break ground on the IPF in 2021?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

26 minutes ago, SittingBull said:

Although gousfbulls doesn’t indicate it...according to ESPN, tomorrow’s game is on ESPN+ at 7:00 pm:

From gousfbulls:

TAMPA (Feb. 16, 2021) – The No. 12/15-ranked University of South Florida women's basketball team returns to action on Wednesday when it welcomes Cincinnati to the Yuengling Center, for the second of three-straight games at home. Tipoff is slated for 7 p.m. and the game can be seen live on ESPN+.

Guest SittingBull
1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

I think this years team is a top 20 team. I think it’s the best in the AAC which is more than I can say about any other USF sport. I think Jose has improved dramatically what was there before and has done a job very few other coaches at any other sport at USF has done. For all of that he gets credit.

Nice job of avoiding answering my question.

You mentioned it, how many coaches of other sports at USF have  been head coach for 20 plus years?

Edited by SittingBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

19 minutes ago, SittingBull said:

Nice job of avoiding answering my question.

You mentioned it, how many coaches of other sports at USF have  been head coach for 20 plus years?

Haven’t avoided anything. As I said let me know about those programs at USF you consider elite? Or those that have had as much success in past 20 years

Edited by Cubanbull

Guest SittingBull
48 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Haven’t avoided anything. As I said let me know about those programs at USF you consider elite? Or those that have had as much success in past 20 years

Other than WBB, FB, MBB I haven’t really had much interest in USF sports.   Elite, none that I’m aware of. So do you, or do you not actually believe USF WBB is an elite WBB team?

From what I have read,  Ken Eriksen has had as much or more success tha CJF.

Edited by SittingBull

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

3 minutes ago, SittingBull said:

Other than WBB, FB, MBB I haven’t really had much interest in USF sports.   Elite, none that I’m aware of. So do you, or do you not actually believe USF WBB is an elite WBB team?

From what I have read,  Ken Eriksen has had as much or more success tha CJF.

First off, where did I call USF women’s basketball elite? I said that it’s among the winningest programs at USF, that this years team is a top 20 team and best in AAC.

As for comparing Softball to Women’s Basketball is apples to oranges, Erickson while doing a good job also dint have a UConn version of softball in the league to contend with.

if we are going to talk elite, then we are fooling ourselves with the budget USF operates in compared to other schools it will be close to impossible for them to produce a year in , year out elite program. 

Being realistic, our school should be able to have competitive programs in the AAC on a yearly basis and be able to be a top 25 program every so often and compete in the national tournaments Any sport that can do that I would consider successful at USF. Because Women’s Basketball has been able to compete in post season tournaments in 14 of Jose’s 20+ years, I would consider that to be successful and something that few programs at USF can match.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/8/2021 at 5:03 PM, USFRaider said:

LMAO, how many people on this board have "insider information" from inside the athletics department?   I must be the only one who doesn't.  I will believe the IPF is getting built when I see it getting built and not before.

I told you

❤️

12734681-1F05-4AB6-AD1A-AD7CFB1F8794.png

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,914
  • Days Won:  33

16 hours ago, MikePhillips said:

I told you

❤️

12734681-1F05-4AB6-AD1A-AD7CFB1F8794.png

Your initial post wasn't that close to being accurate, including the timeline of shovels in the ground and where the building was even being built.

• Haha 2