• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jordan McCloud gone

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

The woman I would like to foster my marriage with probably was too but in the meantime I may as well focus on putting my current marriage in the best position to win. The one saving grace to sticking with McCloud was that he would be here and maybe pay off future dividends by making current sacrifices, that argument just went into the portal.

You're point? Should we have not played anyone at QB last year since our future probably wasn't on the roster?

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Guess he didn't think he could win the starting job again.  Guys that are solid number ones don't transfer. 

Just now, BullsFanInTX said:

Guess he didn't think he could win the starting job again.  Guys that are solid number ones don't transfer. 

That's pretty obvious.  He barely held onto the spot last year with almost no competition

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

You're point? Should we have not played anyone at QB last year since our future probably wasn't on the roster?

That we probably shouldn’t have been concerned with continuity and growth and focused on trying to get any win any way that we could since apparently no one was the future anyway. Had Jordan been winning absolutely he should start but he was not so we may have been better served seeing if on the off chance maybe someone on the roster could beat an FBS team.

• Upvote 1

Just now, puc86 said:

That we probably shouldn’t have been concerned with continuity and growth and focused on trying to get any win any way that we could since apparently no one was the future anyway. Had Jordan been winning absolutely he should start but he was not so we may have been better served seeing if on the off chance maybe someone on the roster could beat an FBS team.

Other guys were given a shot and weren't any better.   I suppose CJS played who he thought had the best chance to win and possibly develop.  At the end of the season and when everyone is signed on the dotted line you evaluate.  Then you move on.

But again, you now that  .... just puc being puc

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

10 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Opportunity for a DT transfer?

Penn State has a DT in the transfer portal from Tampa. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Other guys were given a shot and weren't any better.   I suppose CJS played who he thought had the best chance to win and possibly develop.  At the end of the season and when everyone is signed on the dotted line you evaluate.  Then you move on.

But again, you now that  .... just puc being puc

I would be far more accepting of this argument if we were discussing magnitudes, that McCloud didn’t win a single game against FBS competition makes it pretty clear that anyone on our roster, in our stands or on the face of the earth could have accomplished the same results. The risk of starting different people seems to be little in comparison to the reward of actually winning a game or at least showing you are trying to do something.

50D16D3D-553E-4BCC-B723-F91CEF39E087.jpeg

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612

The next one to leave the QB room will be Jordan Smith.  When CJS mentioned his name at the presser, and I’m paraphrasing, he talked about how he is a great athlete and will help the team somewhere on the field.  

With JM gone and JS switching positions that leaves 4 in the QB room for spring ball.  All CJS recruits.  

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612

29 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Penn State has a DT in the transfer portal from Tampa. 

Yep Brad Culpepper’s kid.  Let’s see if there’s any interest 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

The next one to leave the QB room will be Jordan Smith.  When CJS mentioned his name at the presser, and I’m paraphrasing, he talked about how he is a great athlete and will help the team somewhere on the field.  

With JM gone and JS switching positions that leaves 4 in the QB room for spring ball.  All CJS recruits.  

Jordan Smith switched positions?  Guess I have not been keeping up on things.

Just now, El_Toro_86 said:

Yep Brad Culpepper’s kid.  Let’s see if there’s any interest 

Why is it assumed he's any good.