• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Goal of 4,600 Bulls Club Donors

USF Giving  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

19 hours ago, Bull Nut said:

My decision to temporarily pull financial support is based on a decade's worth of poor leadership and poor decision making. I will resume my financial support when I see a return on my past investments (progress on facilities and/or a competitive product on the field).

I can no longer blindly throw money at a program that has shown incompetence time and time again. I hope it gets turned around one day and I will gladly give what I can to support the program financially. Until then, there are more important things in life that I'd rather be spending my discretionary time and income on.

If it was an investment, the IRS wouldn’t let you claim it as a deduction.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

You are no longer able to deduct charitable donations to University athletic departments. Even more of a reason to expect a return on investment...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327

Those of you that believe you should not expect anything in return have lost touch with reality or have settled into an unfathomable amount of apathy. Boosters from universities across the country have literally run coaching staffs out of town for not meeting expectations. There should absolutely be an expectation when donating to USF Athletics. 

At the end of the day, I'm not telling people what to do with their money (like some are telling me). If you would like to donate and not expect anything in return, then more power to you. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

As corny as it may sound, the only thing that it could possibly be an "investment' in is the student athletes. If you're looking at it in any other way you're treating the support as an entertainment value and I can fully understand not wanting to throw money away on it.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

16 minutes ago, Triple B said:

As corny as it may sound, the only thing that it could possibly be an "investment' in is the student athletes. If you're looking at it in any other way you're treating the support as an entertainment value and I can fully understand not wanting to throw money away on it.

Exactly. I enjoy watching the kids play, and if I could help provide them an education, even better.

1 hour ago, Bull Nut said:

You are no longer able to deduct charitable donations to University athletic departments. Even more of a reason to expect a return on investment...

Only if you don’t donate beyond what you get out of your tickets.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

2 hours ago, Bull Nut said:

This is not accurate. You can’t deduct your seat donation. But if your seat donation is $100 and you give USF $200 then the other $100 if deductible 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

On 11/23/2020 at 7:42 PM, Peatearpan said:

IPF is necessary, I honestly thought we would have groundbreaking at the start of this season. **** Covid had to go and muck things up.

the plague is the excuse for all things large and small. there is a multitude of construction going on in Fl and most of the country where people really want to live. ipf all or nothing at all due to sluggish funds might make one rethink the plan and adjust to what "could" be built. coaches in the past have suggested that the weather can reek havoc on practice schedules and game prep so......sounds like the major concern is the ability to adjust to the weather first and foremost. more amenities and luxuries can be added later. seems we need practice practice practice...think phases 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

UCF’s cost $4 mil and it’s a shed. At least put something up already...f’n joke of leadership taking place. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

Just out of curiosity, if the goal is 4.6K, would that be the highest number of accounts the University has held? Was there a higher tally at a previous point in time?

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

On 11/24/2020 at 12:07 PM, John Lewis said:

Thank you BulledOver!!

Ha! Your one of the good ones John..Thanks for what you do