• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I have a new worst "thing ever" in mind.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Totally disagree. The model from the past would not work relative to our current conference, finances, and culture. In terms of Groundhog Day that is what you people are living in today...it’s done and is no longer real.

What systems you can run, who you can recruit, how to recruit and how to drum up support in the community all hold to this day that people have to come in and learn that we are not Stanford or Clemson is entirely on them and slows down our progress and that we attempt to go after what we perceive to be the best coach available instead of the best coach available for our needs is a systematic issue that leaves us always starting over and never building. Every coach that has come in since CJL has announced a plan that is destined for failure and diverges completely from the person they are replacing which leaves us never with the right players and always waiting for that year three when the person will either be fired or completely pivot from their plan actually win and move on thus leaving us back at year zero.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

22 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Totally disagree. The model from the past would not work relative to our current conference, finances, and culture. In terms of Groundhog Day that is what you people are living in today...it’s done and is no longer real.

With that attitude, we’ll never make USF great again

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

With that attitude, we’ll never make USF great again

NEB is a known college football globalist that does not believe in USF exceptionalism, I have some good articles with pictures of him wearing AAC and NCAA T-shirts on my BullAnon blog.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

What systems you can run, who you can recruit, how to recruit and how to drum up support in the community all hold to this day that people have to come in and learn that we are not Stanford or Clemson is entirely on them and slows down our progress and that we attempt to go after what we perceive to be the best coach available instead of the best coach available for our needs is a systematic issue that leaves us always starting over and never building. Every coach that has come in since CJL has announced a plan that is destined for failure and diverges completely from the person they are replacing which leaves us never with the right players and always waiting for that year three when the person will either be fired or completely pivot from their plan actually win and move on thus leaving us back at year zero.

But my point is that old system by CJL would not work. It’s antiquated. We just have not found the right one yet because we have not found the right coach yet. Perhaps Scott is the right man (I think he is) but time will tell. I would not call the plan used by CWT a failure...the failure is that we did not have the $ or conference to keep him. It’s up to Kelly to provide the right coach who an idea of building a program. True, he longer has the Clemson advantage but we no longer have the BCS advantage either (thus a reason the past does not serve us well). 

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

NEB is a known college football globalist that does not believe in USF exceptionalism, I have some good articles with pictures of him wearing AAC and NCAA T-shirts on my BullAnon blog.

Nothing like being preached to by a guy who just muddles over and over CJL and adds nothing to conversations...I muted him weeks ago. Now as for you Puc, if I was to wear anything else other than USF gear it would would not be AAC...but your historical comments (and those along with your little buddy) truly shows what is wrong with living in the past as you people simply do not have the cognitive ability to move forward.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Nothing like being preached to by a guy who just muddles over and over CJL and adds nothing to conversations...I muted him weeks ago. Now as for you Puc, if I was to wear anything else other than USF gear it would would not be AAC...but your historical comments (and those along with your little buddy) truly shows what is wrong with living in the past as you people simply do not have the cognitive ability to move forward.

I find me funny

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I find me funny

Ummm...a little funny...but with a touch of calamity...

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

But my point is that old system by CJL would not work. It’s antiquated. We just have not found the right one yet because we have not found the right coach yet. Perhaps Scott is the right man (I think he is) but time will tell. I would not call the plan used by CWT a failure...the failure is that we did not have the $ or conference to keep him. It’s up to Kelly to provide the right coach who an idea of building a program. True, he longer has the Clemson advantage but we no longer have the BCS advantage either (thus a reason the past does not serve us well). 

I do not think CWT failed but he most certainly came in with a failing plan of making us a west coast power football team that followed all he knew, the Harbaugh way, and got him the success of 7-5 at WKU. He continued to drive the plan for years despite no evidence that it had a hope of success and the idea when first presented to the AD should have immediately disqualified him and it cost us 2.5 years of wasting his time here. CWT then did the unthinkable and pivoted on a plan, something almost unheard of in college coaching and for that he should be praised and studied but for the AD that made a hire of someone with such a low success plan that relied on a complete miracle to salvage not so much praise should be deserved.

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Ummm...a little funny...but with a touch of calamity...

Tragedy + time = funny   And time is a very relative thing 

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I do not think CWT failed but he most certainly came in with a failing plan of making us a west coast power football team that followed all he knew, the Harbaugh way, and got him the success of 7-5 at WKU. He continued to drive the plan for years despite no evidence that it had a hope of success and the idea when first presented to the AD should have immediately disqualified him and it cost us 2.5 years of wasting his time here. CWT then did the unthinkable and pivoted on a plan, something almost unheard of in college coaching and for that he should be praised and studied but for the AD that made a hire of someone with such a low success plan that relied on a complete miracle to salvage not so much praise should be deserved.

I would not say “years” with CWT and the Harbaugh plan...two years and then fourth game switch. But he was a coach who did change and that is more than most do so I give him credit as a very good coach. Look, it’s not complicated...recruiting determines success 9/10 times and in this conference it’s 10/10 times. Right now we are 3/4 in conference in recruiting. I think that will transpire to wins soon.